Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Payment Method for myFICO Services

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Changing Payment Method for myFICO Services

I noticed that the Payment Settings link no longer allows you to change your credit card information. I'm coming up on a new year with myFICO monitoring services and I really don't like giving out my card numbers manually over the phone. Is there no way to enter new card info?

The card that is currently being charged is a Cap1 secured card and it too is coming up on the 1 year mark and I may be canceling the account as I don't really need it anymore, but I would like to continue my monitoring with myFICO.

Is the change payment method on the website temporarialy down? Or is it no longer possible to enter it yourself?

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Changing Payment Method for myFICO Services

Anyone have any experience with this one?

Message 2 of 9
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Sorry I don't have any help for you. But after reading your OP, I checked and found the same thing -- no option for changing payment method.

I've been a Score Watch subscriber only a few months. I've found the product to be flawed but useful. I'm becoming leery of this business of having to call customer service and wait on hold for every little thing, and I'm with you; I would not want to give cc info under those circumstances. I was planning to change my payment method next month, but if I'm pressured to call to do it, I think I'd just use that call to cancel the service instead.

Message 3 of 9
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Just wanted to bump this in hopes someone may be able to fill me in on changing the payment method via online. I really want to cancel this Cap1 secured card, and thats what my services are currently being paid with. Do I have to call myFICO and give credit card info over the phone to change my payment method?

Message 4 of 9
0x47
Contributor

Yeah, I have the same problem right now.  Three subscriptions for my wife and I are all going to be canceled if the billing method is not changed within the next 5 days.  So now I'm going to have to call them up and fix that too.

I had/have one month left on my three-month minimum subscriptions so I am a bit concerned how this would play out if I just choose to let the sub expire.  I find it to be very shady to have to give financial information like the full credit card, social security number, etc ... over the phone.  It is almost like I am asking to get ripped off by a disgruntled employee that is going to get fired next week Smiley Very Happy.

If I can update in a secure manner (aka online via secured payment processor) that is infintely preferable to a phone call.

Message 5 of 9
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@0x47 wrote:

Yeah, I have the same problem right now.  Three subscriptions for my wife and I are all going to be canceled if the billing method is not changed within the next 5 days.  So now I'm going to have to call them up and fix that too.

I had/have one month left on my three-month minimum subscriptions so I am a bit concerned how this would play out if I just choose to let the sub expire.  I find it to be very shady to have to give financial information like the full credit card, social security number, etc ... over the phone.  It is almost like I am asking to get ripped off by a disgruntled employee that is going to get fired next week Smiley Very Happy.

If I can update in a secure manner (aka online via secured payment processor) that is infintely preferable to a phone call.

Amen, that's exactly how I feel about it. All though it is myFICO, but you still can't be sure of who is on the other end of that phone. I would just feel much safer going the digital route. It's odd, 15 years ago I probably would of never said that...lol

Message 6 of 9
0x47
Contributor

Interesting update.  Since the card I was using as the payment method expired, I got an email from MyFICO that contained a link I could use to change the payment method.  Odd thing is that the first email I got had a non-functional link, while the second email they sent did have a link that worked.

Believe me, I triple checked the link, the URL, everything, before putting my credit card number on there.  Very, very stupid for MyFICO to make a shady link or a shady phone call be the only way of changing payment methods.

Now what I don't know is if that changed the payment method for Quarterly Monitoring as well as Score Watch.  Hmmm.

Message 7 of 9
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@0x47 wrote:

Interesting update.  Since the card I was using as the payment method expired, I got an email from MyFICO that contained a link I could use to change the payment method.  Odd thing is that the first email I got had a non-functional link, while the second email they sent did have a link that worked.

Believe me, I triple checked the link, the URL, everything, before putting my credit card number on there.  Very, very stupid for MyFICO to make a shady link or a shady phone call be the only way of changing payment methods.

Now what I don't know is if that changed the payment method for Quarterly Monitoring as well as Score Watch.  Hmmm.

Wow, that's interesting. But kind of sucks that you have to let a payment method default before they'll give you a link to change payment method. 

Message 8 of 9
0x47
Contributor

Well I ended up electing to let two of my three subscriptions expire.  The only one I kept was Score Watch, since I was actually finally able to update that payment method online.  When you log in, go to the Member Center, and there is a link for My Subscriptions.  It only seems to work with IE.  From there I was able to update Score Watch, but not Quarterly Monitoring.

Funny thing though ... when my Quarterly Monitoring subscription expired, my FICO report disappeared.  A FICO report that I paid with that subscription.  That's a pretty low if you ask me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.