Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

tag
Danique
Regular Contributor

Confused

I signed up for both SW and QM through myfico on 4/15. I received 1 alert on 4/25 that my score had increased. I thought, cool. Coincidentally, I have a free subscription to Privacy Guard. So, you can imagine my surprise that I get alerts from PrivacyGuard that I had 2 new inquiries and a new credit card added. I have yet to receive an alert for either of these from myfico. Am I doing something wrong or is the system whacked? And yes, my target score is my current score. I am not as concerned about the possible score change as I am about not receiving an alert regarding 2 new inquiries and a new account that was opened. If they were indeed fraudulent and I did not have PrivacyGuard, I would be screwed. What gives myfico?
Discharged 4/28/2016
EQ-530/EX-600/TU-469

Current scores as of 2/06/2017
EQ-664/EX-667/TU-654

CapOne Quicksilver- $2,500

NFCU CashRewards - $12500

Overstock - $2200

Wayfair - $2200

HSN - $1250

Victoria Secret - $250

Discover IT - $1200

Amazon - $800

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Confused

Danique wrote:
I signed up for both SW and QM through myfico on 4/15. I received 1 alert on 4/25 that my score had increased. I thought, cool. Coincidentally, I have a free subscription to Privacy Guard. So, you can imagine my surprise that I get alerts from PrivacyGuard that I had 2 new inquiries and a new credit card added. I have yet to receive an alert for either of these from myfico. Am I doing something wrong or is the system whacked? And yes, my target score is my current score. I am not as concerned about the possible score change as I am about not receiving an alert regarding 2 new inquiries and a new account that was opened. If they were indeed fraudulent and I did not have PrivacyGuard, I would be screwed. What gives myfico?
Do you know if those were Equifax inquiries, Danique? We've added a free report to your SW so you can check. If they're TU, they should show up on your next quarterly FQM update. Let us know what you find when you pull an updated Equifax.
Message 2 of 6
Danique
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the report Barry. On my PrivacyGuard report, the inquiries were on TU, but the new account was on both TU and EQ. I received no alert about a new account being opened. In addition, my score increased by 19 points. Now, that could be an error on my behalf because I have been fooling around with my target score to generate an alert but why wouldn't I be alerted about a new card being added? Suppose it wasn't me that opened the account. The free service I am receiving from PrivacyGuard is outshining the one I pay for. Just to be alerted about changes, I'll take a FAKO score. I mean that extra $15 I pay for theMyFico monitoring can be used toward payment on one of my cc bills.
Discharged 4/28/2016
EQ-530/EX-600/TU-469

EQ-664/EX-667/TU-654

Overstock - $2200

Wayfair - $2200

HSN - $1250

Victoria Secret - $250

Discover IT - $1200

Amazon - $800

Message 3 of 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Danique wrote:
Thanks for the report Barry. On my PrivacyGuard report, the inquiries were on TU, but the new account was on both TU and EQ. I received no alert about a new account being opened. In addition, my score increased by 19 points. Now, that could be an error on my behalf because I have been fooling around with my target score to generate an alert but why wouldn't I be alerted about a new card being added? Suppose it wasn't me that opened the account. The free service I am receiving from PrivacyGuard is outshining the one I pay for. Just to be alerted about changes, I'll take a FAKO score. I mean that extra $15 I pay for theMyFico monitoring can be used toward payment on one of my cc bills.
Sounds like you should have received an alert for the new account. Unfortunately, all I can do at this point is to direct you to myFICO Customer Care where they can log the error and either give you another free report or cancel your subscription if you don't want to continue with it. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
Danique
Regular Contributor

Thank you again Barry. I called and spoke with Customer Service. After apologizing profusely, I was given another report. She also advised me to change my target score to my new score and I should start receiving alerts. That was yesterday, haven't received anything as of yet. Another question I have, with Quarterly Monitoring, do we only receive updates about new accounts and inquiries quarterly? If so, does myfico offer something similiar to SW but for TU that gives these types of alerts as they occur? I would hate to have to wait 3 months to find out a new cc was opened in my name and was been maxed out.
Discharged 4/28/2016
EQ-530/EX-600/TU-469

EQ-664/EX-667/TU-654

Overstock - $2200

Wayfair - $2200

HSN - $1250

Victoria Secret - $250

Discover IT - $1200

Amazon - $800

Message 5 of 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Danique wrote:
Thank you again Barry. I called and spoke with Customer Service. After apologizing profusely, I was given another report. She also advised me to change my target score to my new score and I should start receiving alerts. That was yesterday, haven't received anything as of yet. Another question I have, with Quarterly Monitoring, do we only receive updates about new accounts and inquiries quarterly? If so, does myfico offer something similiar to SW but for TU that gives these types of alerts as they occur? I would hate to have to wait 3 months to find out a new cc was opened in my name and was been maxed out.
With FICO Quarterly Monitoring you only receive credit alerts quarterly, so unfortunately, you're not going to be notified of the various changes very quickly. And no, we don't have a monitoring service for TU that's similar to Score Watch (much as we would like to). There may be something like that one of these days, though. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.