Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit agency FICO scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit agency FICO scores

I purchased my FICO score when I got my Equifax redit report.  Do all 3 credit agencies have different FICO scores - or do they all have the same one? 

More specifically - do I need to order FICO scores from TransUnion and Experian as well to see what my score is with them?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit agency FICO scores

Yep.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I thought of that.  It isn't made clear anywhere that all 3 might have differing FICO scores - my original thought was that they all went to Fair Isaacs to get my score - not considering the possibility that they might each score me differently based on the info they had in my report.

Thanks for the help.
Message 3 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You expected three for the price of one?
Message 4 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Also read the Scoring 101 thread.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, not at all.  I understand that there are 3 different credit agencies, with three different credit ratings.  What I'm not understanding is if each agency has a different FICO score - or if all 3 get the FICO score direct from Fair Isaac and it's the same score, no matter which agency you request it from.
Message 6 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

All three of your scores can be different, as different information can be reported to each agency.  Some CCs do not report to all for example.

The range (in my case) is nearly 100 points, but that is because EX hates me.  And because they won't let mne dispute an error.  And because my oldest credit card does not report to them.

As reports get cleaned up and inaccurate information deleted, they can get closer, and really should end up fairly close
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info.  It answered both of my questions:

1) why my FICO at Providian is about 50 pts higher than the FICO I received from Equifax, and
2) there really are 3 different FICO scores, so I need to check with Experian and TransUnion.

Thanks for send that info along.  That exactly what I was looking for, but didn't know where to find it.
Message 8 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Try:

Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn - wish I'd read this link (and the above links) in detail.  I just read the part that said all 3 have different scores.  Unfortunately, since I didn't pay attention to the details, I went ahead and paid Experian and TransUnion for FAKO scores.  Rats.  Now I have to pay a second time to get the actual FICO scores.

Oh well...lessons learned.  Maybe it will help someone else in the future who might read this thread.

Thanks!Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.