Valued Member
DeeDee642

Credit at a Glance Error

When I look at my Credit at a Glance it shows my mortgage balance at $242,000 when I only have a $121,000 balance. My mortgage company is reporting it correctly on my Equifax credit report. Is the Credit at a Glance just a MyFico number? It wouldn't hurt my credit score - would it? Where is MyFico getting their number?

Thanks,

Janice

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Credit at a Glance Error

That's exactly half...are there two mortgages reporting to your EQ from the same lender? In other words, double reporting?

Valued Member
DeeDee642

I took a closer look and I do not think it is a Credit at a Glance error. My original mortgage servicer is reporting and so is another mortgage servicing company I have never heard of. So the at a glance figure is reflecting two different companies reporting the same mortgage. It is making my outstanding debt much more than what it should be. My loan was recently taken over by B.O.A., however, that is not the name of the company that is making a duplicate report.

MortgageWilshirecc XXX6410/2006$121,983Pays account as agreedNoDetails
MortgageBachomelns XXXX6510/2006$120,660Pays account as agreedNoDetails

If I dispute this will it lower my credit score?

Thanks,

Janice

Administrator Emeritus
Barry

DeeDee642 wrote:

I took a closer look and I do not think it is a Credit at a Glance error. My original mortgage servicer is reporting and so is another mortgage servicing company I have never heard of. So the at a glance figure is reflecting two different companies reporting the same mortgage. It is making my outstanding debt much more than what it should be. My loan was recently taken over by B.O.A., however, that is not the name of the company that is making a duplicate report.

MortgageWilshirecc XXX64 10/2006 $121,983 Pays account as agreed No Details
MortgageBachomelns XXXX65 10/2006 $120,660 Pays account as agreed No Details

If I dispute this will it lower my credit score?

Thanks,

Janice

No.  DIsputing these items shouldn't lower your score.

In a much more productive past life I served as FICO consumer affairs manager and myFICO Forums community manager from 2007 to 2012. Now semi-retired, I write the weekly Speaking of Credit column for CreditCards.com.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+