Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different EQ scores from EQ site and from myFICO Scorewatch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different EQ scores from EQ site and from myFICO Scorewatch

Something is just not right here. My score has not changed in almost a month except for a 1 pt increase the other day here. You have my score in the 730's yet I just signed up for Equifax's gold and my score is well above 750. My score got hit for around 20 points a month ago for actually using my credit cards and I wasn't even near a 9% usage and have since all been paid in full. Equifax shows them all paid in full with my number back up yet here nothing.

edit: This post was split off from "Credit Score Alert", which was discussing the TU score monitoring product.

I changed the thread title; nothing else was changed.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-26-2009 07:51 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Different EQ scores from EQ site and from myFICO Scorewatch

Sounds like you're talking about ScoreWatch, which is an Equifax product, and I go through the same thing periodically, so you have my sympathy.

But in fact, this is a thread about the TransUnion quarterly score monitoring product, so you're on the wrong thread here, I'm afraid.

edited to change thread title
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-26-2009 07:51 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have both. My Fico and Equifax. Equifax seems to be up to date. My Fico however does not.

edited to change thread title.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-26-2009 07:52 AM
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

So in other words, you haven't received a Score Watch alert for an updated score. The score you pulled here is a month old, and it has obviously since updated, as you found by pulling your EQ FICO through Equifax 's Gold product.

What did you set your ScoreWatch target score to? It generally works best if it is set to the most current known score, although that seems counter-intuitive. That way, if your score moves in either direction, it should trigger an alert. (Should.)

Go ahead and go into your SW, click "Settings", and change the first option:

Whenever your FICO® score reaches a target score of XXX [ Change ] <--type in your current score, the 750's one, here.

Also, SW doesn't search for score changes as frequently as it does for possible identity theft options. Check the thread stickied at the top of this board titled "Score Watch Guide." It explains the two types of monitoring.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.