cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not sign up for SCOREWATCH!

tag
MargaretC

Do not sign up for SCOREWATCH!

I have signed up for scorewatch and used it for several months. They make it very easy to sign up online. However if you want to cancell it they make you go through a phone tree and find any and all reasons to not allow you to cancell. STAY AWAY FROM SCOREWATCH!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do not sign up for SCOREWATCH!

you can cancel online by submitting a web inquiry thing.

Message 2 of 17
MargaretC

How do you do that? when I click on manage subscriptions, then click cancel it pops up to give them a call

Message 3 of 17
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

I love Score Watch!

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 4 of 17
Scupra
Super Contributor

@MargaretC wrote:

I have signed up for scorewatch and used it for several months. They make it very easy to sign up online. However if you want to cancell it they make you go through a phone tree and find any and all reasons to not allow you to cancell. STAY AWAY FROM SCOREWATCH!

If you didn't sign up for anything in life that made it hard to leave, you would have no subscriptions to anything Smiley Surprised

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 17
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Scorewatch is very easy to use.. When i called to cancel they offered me a better rate so i decided to keep it and its been working fine for me.

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 6 of 17
axxy
Regular Contributor

How much better was the rate?  I want to hurry and cancel before they renew it at full price.  I would much rather do it online if possible.

Message 7 of 17
axxy
Regular Contributor

When I go to cancel my annual subscription, it tells me to call too.  Approximately how many hours should I expect to be on the phone with them?  Is it faster to get a lower rate or to just cancel?  How much lower a rate should I expect to get?

Message 8 of 17
alexvale
Contributor

When my trial offer was up I simply went to My Subscriptions and clicked cancel and an automatic message was displayed with new rate of $9.95mo instead of the $14.95mo

Give it a shot and see if it works.

EQ FICO - 835
TU FICO - 815
EX FICO 820
Message 9 of 17
axxy
Regular Contributor

I called to cancel a few minutes ago.  I was on the annual subscription.  The rate is $149 or some such amount.  I got it at a discount a year ago.  When I called a few minutes ago to cancel, I didn't have to wait very long.  They offered a $20 discount.  That's worse than the $9.95 and I would be paying more for a year than you would be paying for 12 months.  So I just canceled.  It seemed quick and easy.

I wonder how much the rumored 3-bureau Score Watch is going to cost.  I might sign up for that if I can get a good deal on it.  But probably not.  It will probably cost a lot more than the 1-bureau version.  Besides that, FICO scores aren't really worth anything.  A three digit number for all that money?  I can get an 8 digit number from a $1 calculator.

There was no automatic message with a better rate.  It simply asked me to call and gave me the phone number to call.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.