cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does myFICO.com provide value now that most credit card companies provide FICO scores free of charge

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Does myFICO.com provide value now that most credit card companies provide FICO scores free of charge

Hi All,

LIke so many, I was laser focused on re-building my credit.  Now that my credit score has crossed the 700 line, I am wondering if the re-ocurring subscription fee is waranted.  I am currently subscribed to what was ScoreWatch.  However, after looking online, it appears as if this product is no longer offered and/or has been rebranded.  

Now that credit card companies (including my mortgage company) are offering free FICO scores, is there an advantage with continuing to pay the monthly subscription fee?  My current ScoreWatch product provides me with 2 free Equifax reports anually.  However, annualcreditreport.com offers access to all 3 bureaus once a year.  

Notably, this site was instrumental in helping me rebuild my credit.  However, now I am wondering if there is truly any value to be recognized moving forward,

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Does myFICO.com provide value now that most credit card companies provide FICO scores free of ch

It provides some safety. Another option is to use Credit Karma for the alerts on EQ and TU.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does myFICO.com provide value now that most credit card companies provide FICO scores free of ch

I have been rebuilding and found MyFICO to be worth it. That said, the only baddie I have jeft on my report are 2 30 day last due to drop June and July of next year. I'm trying to get a card that will report to me each of the CRA FICO scores, but I thiknk I'll be canceling after I get my new quarterly report in a few weeks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.