cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the TransUnion Theft Watch show your credit changes like Equifax Score Watch?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the TransUnion Theft Watch show your credit changes like Equifax Score Watch?

Also, I had Theft Watch set up to once a week e-mails, but I got an e-mail that a TransUnion finished a dispute and I couldn't wait to see the results so I changed it to notify me immediately of changes, but I didn't see anything.  If I change it back to once a week updates, will it send me an update on the weekly anniversary of my purchase or will it send it a week from the option change?  I already purchased a TransUnion credit report report because I couldn't wait.  It went from 616 to 650! Hooray!  But the Theft Watch graphs haven't changed and I want to see the updates as soon as I can to get the satisfaction so I'm going to change it back to weekly updates, but do you know when the next one will be - anniversary of purchase or a week from today?  Thanks.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Does the TransUnion Theft Watch show your credit changes like Equifax Score Watch?

Wondering, these TU Theft Watch scores aren't FICO TU scores are they? EQ ScoreWatch provides FICOs, but I don't think that the TransUnion product does.

I pull reports from TransUnion's TrueCredit so that I can see changes in my credit reports. (I could never afford daily pulls from the my FICO site!!!) TC provides scores too, but they're FAKO's. I can't even count on them to go up or down at the same time as my FICO scores. Sometimes the FAKO shoots up, and the real FICO goes down, or vice versa.

There are an awful lot of posts on these boards from people who got burned, thinking that their FAKO scores are real, only to have problems getting loans. There's even a post by one of the admins about a USA Today looking for people that experienced this. Most lenders use FICO scores.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does the TransUnion Theft Watch show your credit changes like Equifax Score Watch?

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Wondering, these TU Theft Watch scores aren't FICO TU scores are they? EQ ScoreWatch provides FICOs, but I don't think that the TransUnion product does.

I pull reports from TransUnion's TrueCredit so that I can see changes in my credit reports. (I could never afford daily pulls from the my FICO site!!!) TC provides scores too, but they're FAKO's. I can't even count on them to go up or down at the same time as my FICO scores. Sometimes the FAKO shoots up, and the real FICO goes down, or vice versa.

There are an awful lot of posts on these boards from people who got burned, thinking that their FAKO scores are real, only to have problems getting loans. There's even a post by one of the admins about a USA Today looking for people that experienced this. Most lenders use FICO scores.

Theft watch score is FICO TU not FAKO.
Message 3 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Also, I had Theft Watch set up to once a week e-mails, but I got an e-mail that a TransUnion finished a dispute and I couldn't wait to see the results so I changed it to notify me immediately of changes, but I didn't see anything. If I change it back to once a week updates, will it send me an update on the weekly anniversary of my purchase or will it send it a week from the option change? I already purchased a TransUnion credit report report because I couldn't wait. It went from 616 to 650! Hooray! But the Theft Watch graphs haven't changed and I want to see the updates as soon as I can to get the satisfaction so I'm going to change it back to weekly updates, but do you know when the next one will be - anniversary of purchase or a week from today? Thanks.

Not really a watch. More like a fleeting glance every Solstice.
Message 4 of 9
Verde
Established Member

I have bank of america privacy assist and i also have myfico score watch and tu identity theft and i can tell you, BOA privacy assist always send me alerts about changes on my CR light years before myfico score watch and TU identity theft, Why is that so?? Just a week ago, BOA sent me an alert of a new account in TU, and TU identity theft to date never sent me any alert showing the new acc!!! How can it be????? is there a bug in myfico products????
Message 5 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

TU is quarterly.
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:
Theft watch score is FICO TU not FAKO.

Thanks, fused--did not realize that! I tried looking it up, but I didn't get deeply enough in to see.

Is TransUnion Theft Watch the same thing as the myFICO® Identity Theft Security Deluxe from the products page on myFICO? It sort of sounds like it. Does TU just offer the same thing from their own site, in the way that Equifax also offers ScoreWatch from their site?

It's all turning into a huge blur.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

wondering (OP), the more I try to find out about this, the more confused I get. I can't find anything called literally "TransUnion Theft Watch" on their site or by Googling. Did you actually have the myFICO Identity Theft product, or was this something different? If it was the myFICO thing, then yes, your scores were FICO. If it was not the myFICO product, I can't seem to find it anywhere.   thx
Message 8 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
wondering (OP), the more I try to find out about this, the more confused I get. I can't find anything called literally "TransUnion Theft Watch" on their site or by Googling. Did you actually have the myFICO Identity Theft product, or was this something different? If it was the myFICO thing, then yes, your scores were FICO. If it was not the myFICO product, I can't seem to find it anywhere. thx

Transunioncs.com provides a quarterly report with a true Transunion FICO score. Expensive though I prefer the FICO product. I don't think you get to see the softs on the TU product and I'm not spending $16 to find out.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.