Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dollar amount for purchasing scores?

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Dollar amount for purchasing scores?

Hi...I have both ScoreWatch and Quarterly monitoring.

I thought that we were able to buy a TU score, for example, at a reduced rate if we were already customers. When I checked it out, it still wanted to charge me the $15.95.

Am I doing something wrong, or did I misunderstand. (And, yes, I know I can use a promo code, but I want to know if I was remembering the "customer" discount correctly...?)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Dollar amount for purchasing scores?

LynetteM wrote:

Hi...I have both ScoreWatch and Quarterly monitoring.

I thought that we were able to buy a TU score, for example, at a reduced rate if we were already customers. When I checked it out, it still wanted to charge me the $15.95.

Am I doing something wrong, or did I misunderstand. (And, yes, I know I can use a promo code, but I want to know if I was remembering the "customer" discount correctly...?)

Hi LynetteM....With FICO Quarterly Monitoring you'll get 20% off of the regular $15.95 price. Where it gets confusing is that when you order an additional report it will show the price at $15.95 with the comment "before the discount." When you order, that 20% discount will be automatically applied, after which you'll receive a confirmation email that shows what you've actually paid -- $12.76.
Message 2 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Barry wrote:
Hi LynetteM....With FICO Quarterly Monitoring you'll get 20% off of the regular $15.95 price. Where it gets confusing is that when you order an additional report it will show the price at $15.95 with the comment "before the discount." When you order, that 20% discount will be automatically applied, after which you'll receive a confirmation email that shows what you've actually paid -- $12.76.

I knew I got a discount for subscribing...just confused that I didn't see it. Too bad it doesn't explain that more clearly on the screen. I thought the "before the discount" notation referred to those using promotional codes.

I think it's human nature to want to see the "real" price before you hit submit. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

One more question...can a person use a promotional code along with the subscriber's discount? (Very frugal here....)

Message Edited by LynetteM on 09-14-2009 10:49 AM
Message 3 of 10
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

LynetteM wrote:

@Barry wrote:

I knew I got a discount for subscribing...just confused that I didn't see it. Too bad it doesn't explain that more clearly on the screen. I thought the "before the discount" notation referred to those using promotional codes.

I think it's human nature to want to see the "real" price before you hit submit. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

One more question...can a person use a promotional code along with the subscriber's discount? (Very frugal here....)

Message Edited by LynetteM on 09-14-2009 10:49 AM

I agree that it would be much better to show the actual (after discount) price before you buy. Not sure why it's done this way, but I'll make a suggestion to the powers that be and see what they say. And sorry, but you're not going to be able to use another promo code to order additional TU reports through FQM -- although 20% off isn't too bad. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Barry wrote:

I agree that it would be much better to show the actual (after discount) price before you buy. Not sure why it's done this way, but I'll make a suggestion to the powers that be and see what they say. And sorry, but you're not going to be able to use another promo code to order additional TU reports through FQM -- although 20% off isn't too bad. Smiley Sad

Hey...if you make a suggestion to the powers that be...

Tell them that advertising the discount on that page...actually telling people that they get a 20% discount if they have a subscription...is a great selling point for selling subscriptions. If people buy their scores often, it may entice them to subscribe.

Just a thought from a former sales person...

Message 5 of 10
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

While the 20% discount is mentioned on the product description page for FQM if you scroll way way way down (second to last bullet), making it more prominently displayed is another good idea, Lynette. Looks like we could use your marketing skills! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

Hi Barry,

I just ordered a new TU score and didn't receive my discount of 20% for being a TUQM customer.

Not only that, I called Cust. Service and they (2 different reps) told me that I was not to receive a 20% discount. I had to hang up so that I could locate this thread. Once found I read her your response and she insisted that there was not discount. I asked her to hold while I went to the product page (where she should have gone) where I finally found where it said that I would receive the discount.

She read it as well and after placing me on hold she said that I didn't use the correct link to automatically get my 20% off. 

So...fellow myFICO friends, if you wanna get your 20% off when purchasing your FICO score, please, please, please, don't click on the link just underneath your score that says "Buy Today's Score."

You have to click on the "Go" buttom to your TU Quarterly Monitoring. Once you get to that page, scroll to the bottom of that page where it says, "Purchase an up-to-date report and get 20% off the regular price." If you do not do that you will not automatically receive your 20% discount.

I personally think that this is poor developing on the part of whoever coded this software.

Be forewarned!

Message Edited by tubesock on 10-03-2009 04:03 PM
FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 7 of 10
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

Oh, and I was refunded my 20% ($3.19). Smiley Happy

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 8 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@tubesock wrote:

Hi Barry,

I just ordered a new TU score and didn't receive my discount of 20% for being a TUQM customer.

Not only that, I called Cust. Service and they (2 different reps) told me that I was not to receive a 20% discount. I had to hang up so that I could locate this thread. Once found I read her your response and she insisted that there was not discount. I asked her to hold while I went to the product page (where she should have gone) where I finally found where it said that I would receive the discount.

She read it as well and after placing me on hold she said that I didn't use the correct link to automatically get my 20% off. 

So...fellow myFICO friends, if you wanna get your 20% off when purchasing your FICO score, please, please, please, don't click on the link just underneath your score that says "Buy Today's Score."

You have to click on the "Go" buttom to your TU Quarterly Monitoring. Once you get to that page, scroll to the bottom of that page where it says, "Purchase an up-to-date report and get 20% off the regular price." If you do not do that you will not automatically receive your 20% discount.

I personally think that this is poor developing on the part of whoever coded this software.

Be forewarned!

I knew it didn't seem right when I attempted to purchase with my discount. I decided to wait anyway, but I would have been very frustrated if I hadn't gotten the discount.

I agree that this site is not always easy to use. The site can be confusing...and the products are confusing.

It shouldn't be so hard.

Message 9 of 10
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

LynetteM wrote:

@tubesock wrote:

Hi Barry,

Be forewarned!

I knew it didn't seem right when I attempted to purchase with my discount. I decided to wait anyway, but I would have been very frustrated if I hadn't gotten the discount.

I agree that this site is not always easy to use. The site can be confusing...and the products are confusing.

It shouldn't be so hard.

Thanks for the clarification. I can see where that can be confusing and I will put another suggestion in the box. Smiley Happy Same thing goes for getting the Score Watch discount, btw. You have to open up your SW account and order from there to get the discount.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.