Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ & EX not reporting correctly to MYFICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ & EX not reporting correctly to MYFICO

I posted this in another section, too, but I figured since the issue is partly a MYFICO issue, I would post here as well.

I get my credit reports directly from the three companies by mail, so I know exactly what it is on those credit reports.  I buy my credit scores from MYFICO.  The scores come with a free credit report, so I usually verify those credit reports against the credit report that I already have directly from that credit reporting agency.

The issue is that Equifax's and Experian's reports show that two of my KHESLC accounts (private education loans) became collection accounts in April or May 2007.  TransUnion's report correctly shows that these accounts became collection accounts in October 2006, and shows that the accounts closed in October 2006.  So that's the first problem.  EQ and EX have "verified" this info despite documentation from the collection company about the timing of their involvement.  Currently working with KHESLC for documentation from them to correct with EQ and EX.

The bigger problem, and the one that I raise with the forum, is that the same two accounts show up on my MYFICO EQ and MYFICO EX credit reports as late payments in April or May 2007.  This is lowering my credit score as a "recent late payment."  Since the accounts weren't even with KHESLC at all in 2007, this is making me crazy.  MYFICO says that they're just reporting the information from EQ and EX, and so it's EQ's & EX's fault.  EQ and EX say that they are not reporting late payments to MYFICO, and that MYFICO's computers don't understand what the EQ and EX computers are sending, so it's MYFICO's fault.

Regardless of the baseline incorrect information coming from KHESLC (which I hope can be fixed with my latest fax & certified letter), how do I get EX & EQ to talk with MYFICO??? 
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.