Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ products

tag
creditchief
Regular Contributor

EQ products

Why do I get an alert from Eq. site products and not myfico? I would rather do all my shopping here!!

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: EQ products

creditchief wrote:
Why do I get an alert from Eq. site products and not myfico? I would rather do all my shopping here!!
What kind of alert are you getting from Equifax, creditchief?
Message 2 of 9
creditchief
Regular Contributor

Eq credit watch gold will send alerts when something changes. They also have a real eq fico score.

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat creditchief.  I use EQ's service with the actual FICO score and not only do their alerts work, but the FICO score changes when it should.  I've been waiting on a Score Watch update for well over a week and nothing - yet my EQ updated several days ago about when I expected it to and shows the actual and correct current score.  I'd rather pay EQ $14.95/month for something that works than $8.95 for SW that only seems to work when it wants to.
Message 4 of 9
maestro
Valued Member

Equifax alert, but Fico Scorewatch alert.

Nothing new here the Scorewatch product does not work.

This e-mail is to notify you that the following changes have occurred on your credit file:

• an account balance increased by a specified amount
  • an account balance increased by a specified percentage

To view the details of this notification, please click on the link below to log in.

http://myservices.equifax.com/pub_creditwatch

To update your alert preferences, please click on My Alert Preferences or on your Equifax Credit Watch (TM) Silver Summary page.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any Equifax online discount codes out there?

I'd rather give my business to myfico.com since I feel like the site has been so valuable with information but I agree that even if the monthly fee is lower it's not good if it's not working. 

Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

uwishyouwereme wrote:

Are there any Equifax online discount codes out there?

I'd rather give my business to myfico.com since I feel like the site has been so valuable with information but I agree that even if the monthly fee is lower it's not good if it's not working. 

Scorewatch is the same, whether it's via myFICO or Equifax. As far as I know, the problems have been in the basic program, so everyone is affected, whether going through EQ or FICO.

There are plenty of discount codes out there for myFICO products (maybe EQ, too, I haven't checked.) Just Google to find the best deal. We don't publish them here, out of courtesy to FICO's business partners, unless myFICO is offering the codes directly.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hauling theScoreUp,

I know they are the same product but it seems like everyone is saying the score alerts are actually working on Equifax Gold product and not on MyFico Scorewatch.  I was going to cancel but I'll give them another try as I see they gave me a free power report for the future.  I'll wait another month and see if it's improved.   Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, OK, gotcha.

I do get score alerts on my EQ CW Gold, but I don't know if they're generated the same way as the alerts on SW, whether via EQ or FICO. It would be too logical to think that they were!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.