Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been a member since 8/28/14 and have recieved several alerts and score changes for EX and EQ but nothing from TU. UNTIL today!!! FInally seen some action for TU in the way of 4 alerts at the same time and score changes. I think the product works like theyintended just not like it is advertised. And the TU alerts were different then the others. They were from decreases in total amounts for my retail cards and then another for my bankcards. The EX and EQ alerts were always for individual card decreases. EIther way I'll stick with it for the 3 months but will probably switch to EQ score watch that is the fico04 since I'm mortgage watching.

March of 2014, myFico changed the EQ scorewatch product from eq04 to eq08.  You are NOT getting mortgage scores from any of the myFico products at this time.

Signature needs updating
Message 201 of 275
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Kelsey_H wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the same alert on TU as Oilcan (first TU alert after 3 weeks), however mine came with an inquiry alert as well on TU.  Some bank called Farley Bank.  So I got nervous and was thinking identity theft, because the balance change was no where close to any balance I had, and because of the inquiry.  So i bought the 3 bureau credit report, wanting to double check.  Guess what.  Nothing of the kind there.  No inquiry from Farley Bank, no balance remotely close to the "balance change".  So I went to the TU site and got the report there as well.  Nope.  Nada.  Nothing there of the sort.

It was only after I logged on to Credit Karma that I noticed the "change in balance" was actually the sum of what I owe on every card I have.  I called to complain, because I want my money back on the 3 bureau report I purchased as a direct result of their alert.  Someone is supposed to call me back within 24 hours.

This really makes me wonder where they are actually pulling their information from.  Because it sure isn't TU.

I just had the same thing happen to me. TU alert stating that I owe $5909 on credit card!  1) I don't own that or even have that limit on any of my cards. 2) I have not received alerts from any other places stating such.  There is not even a card or bank associated with the alert!  What a joke!

The TU balance change alert (that our team has been working hard on implementing quickly and just launched this week!) provides the account balance change total for all of your credit card accounts. We will be updating the  Member Center copy for the alerts and the FAQS shortly. 

I figured that out. Why do I need notification of balance change TOTAL of all my cards together? Actually, I don't.

Because people are wanting the score monitoring.  The score only changes with a score change activity noted by the program.  Balance changes produced score changes on my credit eq scorewatch.  Also, the same for ck (but it acts like sw, not like the new product).  With the alert for total balances (which will change when one balance changes), then your TU score is updated (not as allertful as ck, but the fico is more accurate)..

Signature needs updating
Message 202 of 275
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

So after a series of rather unpleasant emails to customer service, someone called me. I just got off the phone with a rep and here is what she told me.

I'm not sure if this has been said before, but I was told that TU will only update when an account goes into collections, when a new account is opened, when there is a new inquiry or  public record and when an account is charged off. It WILL NOT update for simple balance changes. It's the same deal with EX.

That's-- and excuse my language-- bull**bleep**. Since I only plan on apping for ONE more credit card in the next year, this service is absolutely useless to me. I could get all of that from CK or some other free site with a FAKO score. I specifically bought this product because I wanted to see the changes to all three credit scores like I was with EQ. I didn't even NEED to buy this service. I could have stuck with the EQ monitoring only, been content with my monthly FICO score from Discover and pulled my own EX every six months or so.

I WILL be cancelling this garbage.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 203 of 275
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Garbage indeed. 

Message 204 of 275
Lemmus
Established Contributor

'garbage"

...yes and no ...myFICO saw a marketing opportunity and tried to meet a demand for a 3-CRA Scorewatch product ...it appears that they grossly oversold that product vs what the tech side was actually able to produce ...classic marketing ploy/fail.

...but the demand remains for a full featured product and it does appear that the myFICO tech side is trying to upgrade the product to match the marketing promises

...so while the delivery to date has been "garbage" there has been some effort on myFICO's side to get the product upgraded to match the sales pitch ...and since I still want that 3-CRA "Scorewatch" type product I'm going to wait it out for another month or so to see what they can actually deliver

...from my point of view its only $5 a month more than the EQ only Scorewatch ...and since I've finally seen an EX report alert (no TU yet) ...and the mods here are being fairly responsive in clarifying whats going on and what to expect, its worth the time and money to see if myFICO can actually deliver.

...not that it excuses the original marketing hype ...I'll be a LOT more sceptical of myFICO sales pitches in the future ...but I'm still in that 680-730 CRA range (460 Apr '13) where I need to keep on top of what all the CRA's are reporting and much prefer doing it in one place and with actual FICO scores

...its just my opinion and its evident others feel differently ...c'est la vive

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 205 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave them the way out: update ALL scores on Fridays, no matter if there were alerts or not, so that we know for sure that at least once a week we have all our current FICO  scores, but so far they don't seem willing to do even that.  The concept of the product is way ahead of the capabilities of the people implementing it.

Message 206 of 275
Lemmus
Established Contributor

I certainly can't profess to know myFICO's business model but I think its reasonable to assume a few things a priori:

1) myFICO is not itself a CRA and must pay some fee to each CRA in order to receive reports from each on which to base its Scorewatch type products.

2) myFICO is a direct competitor to the CRAs in selling scorewatch type products to consumers, thus the CRAs are going to charge market based fees for each report they provide to myFICO.

3) myFICO must be using its in-house algorithms to determine the pricepoint at which it can make a product profit ...just like the CRAs are doing to price each report they sell to myFICO

4) the vast majority of consumers do not see significant monthly score changes, much less weekly ones

...thus a weekly score update on each CRA FICO score would most likely require a much higher report pull rate than myFICO currently has priced in

...so while your proposal would be a nice product from the consumer viewpoint, it would likely be a financial disaster from myFICO's ledger view

...and I'm sceptical that the CRAs themselves would ever stand for such an independent product that would siphon off much of their own consumer side traffic

...just my opinion of course ...worth what it cost Smiley Happy

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 207 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lemmus wrote:

I certainly can't profess to know myFICO's business model but I think its reasonable to assume a few things a priori:

1) myFICO is not itself a CRA and must pay some fee to each CRA in order to receive reports from each on which to base its Scorewatch type products.

2) myFICO is a direct competitor to the CRAs in selling scorewatch type products to consumers, thus the CRAs are going to charge market based fees for each report they provide to myFICO.

3) myFICO must be using its in-house algorithms to determine the pricepoint at which it can make a product profit ...just like the CRAs are doing to price each report they sell to myFICO

4) the vast majority of consumers do not see significant monthly score changes, much less weekly ones

...thus a weekly score update on each CRA FICO score would most likely require a much higher report pull rate than myFICO currently has priced in

...so while your proposal would be a nice product from the consumer viewpoint, it would likely be a financial disaster from myFICO's ledger view

...and I'm sceptical that the CRAs themselves would ever stand for such an independent product that would siphon off much of their own consumer side traffic

...just my opinion of course ...worth what it cost Smiley Happy

Pretty sure that giving us a solid current FICO score, at least once a week, would cost them more.  We agree there.  However, it would go along with the promises the product has made AND financially, it might be a way of retaining subscriptions which would disappear if the service remains as it is.  It's good to save unnecessary expenses, but if you save on the thing that might keep your revenue going, you are killing yourself.

Message 208 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least offer once a month to receive the fico scores, if nothing else. So far finding this product fairly useless. Have yet to receive any alerts from Tu Or Exp. and I know there is a lot going on right now. Keeping fingers crossed that some changes will be made with the system. 

Message 209 of 275
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Strange... I actually received an alert from the iPhone app in the form of a notification of a balance change. When I opened the app there was nothing and the notification disappeared. 

Message 210 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.