Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

tag
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

Re: FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

Ok I'm nt trying to stir the pot here. I'm from the camp of... I ordered the monitering service, it wasn't what I expected, I was able to cancel AND get a refund because the reports were not viewable... I was out. But then I decided that it was worth the 20 bones per month even know I originally though I would be getting more. So I hopped back in. Yes my pain is self chosen.

Alright glad I got that off my chest. Now onto my issue. I added two new tradelines. One by one I received alerts from EQ and EX for BOTH new accounts. Then I received ONE alert from TU for ONE of the new accounts only. Unlike the other two bueras it did not tell me what this new account was (bank name, revolving, installment, etc...). So I'm left wondering if my TU score is reflecting my score with both new accounts or just one and if just one, which one. For what it's worth the TU alert here came before credit karma. It's just it appears it only caught one of the new accounts and it doesn't tell me which one. It's been about ten days since it caught the one new account. So I'm thinking it either missed the second new account outright or it grouped the two new accounts into one alert and failed to inform me of the account information.

so I suppose it dropped the TU ball on me. Again now knowing exactly what I'm suppose to get out of the service as far as what triggers alerts on each buera it's worth it to me but it seems to have missed a new account on TU. Thanks for listening.

Message 231 of 275
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...is one of the new accounts a backdated Amex? ...TU showed my Discover as a new account alert but the Amex (same week) did not because it was backdated by 20+ years ...EQ and EX reported both as new accounts ...just a possibility because TU does report them differently.

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 232 of 275
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

No. They were both secured accounts. One is a shared secured loan from Alliant and one is an Open Sky Credit Card from Capitol Bank. 

Message 233 of 275
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

So, is it just me, or did they get the 3-burea monitoring/alert issue fixed?  Over the last few days, I've been receiving notifications from all three CRAs.  Plus since the latest update, the iPhone App seems to be working fine.  Anybody else seeing this? 

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 234 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOLY CRAP THE APP WORKS!!!
Message 235 of 275
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...yep, appears to be working here as well ...not as originally marketed but until something better comes along, I'll keep my subscription ...but myFico has lost my trust and goodwill over this ...if/when a competitor appears, I'll move.

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 236 of 275
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Yes sir!!! The app is working...and sooner than they stated. Great job in being persistent to get this going, MyFICO

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 237 of 275
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I have recieved alerts for the last 2 weeks on balance changes from both EQ and EX. TU has not generated alerts but I haven't had any changes they were supposed to generate alerts on. It appears the product is now working as the FAQ details. 

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 238 of 275
thisisafakename

I already have the 1-bureau monitoring, if I want to switch to 3-bureau, do I have to manually cancel (the only way is to call -- boo) my existing subscription first?

Message 239 of 275
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@thisisafakename wrote:

I already have the 1-bureau monitoring, if I want to switch to 3-bureau, do I have to manually cancel (the only way is to call -- boo) my existing subscription first?

Enter at your own risk!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 240 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.