Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

Just thought I would follow up. I received an email from MyFico today. They cancelled my subscription (1 month early).  Then later on I received two more notifications that they were refunding me my previous two months of subscription fees.  I have no idea what prompted this since I have not called or done anything. I did block them from my credit card for future payments but I guess now that is not an issue.

Not sure if others who have complained or filled with the BBB have received similar results as of late, but I just thought I would share.  

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 241 of 275
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I signed up for the 3 reporting and it took about 2-3 weeks before i received any alerts .. now it has been awhile and nothing .. no alerts whatsoever even though my score for TU went up a month ago from discover IT but the one from myfico hasnt changed since i signed up. Also i have paid off two cards a few weeks ago and no alerts at all .. this product does not work well at all. I really hope they straighten this out.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 242 of 275
Javagafire
Established Member

I was about to pay $220 for the yearly subscription but after reading this thread i will wait until they iron out the bugs before i sign up.

Message 243 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to apply for a new credit card but i am skeptical relying on my 

FICO® 3-BUREAU CREDIT MONITORING ....

my balance fell to $3,000 which should be 7% Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 2.00.03 AM.pngbut says 17% ulitilzation from when i first signed up 3 months ago ...

Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 2.00.33 AM.png

do i have to pay to see my real time ultilzation ? its show my update balance but when i go down and click this it says 17%  Smiley Sad   i just trying to see how long should i wait before applying Citi Double Cash!

I can barely hold myself. Im addicted to credit cards.

tumblr_inline_nacm17n5fD1qzqi5b.gif

Message 244 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up on 11/7 and have received no alerts or score updates from TU on myFICO at all, even though I had 2 HPs on TU in the past week and a half, since signing up. Credit Karma and Capital One's Credit Montior both alerted me to these right after they happened.

Pretty crappy that you can't rely on a paid service as much as a free one. myFICO was no help to me and blamed it on TU.

Message 245 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is having issues with this service. 

I signed up for the  FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring on 11/15 after ordering a normal 3-Bureau report. I've noticed NO changes since I ordered. In January 2013 I had normal Score Watch for a month via EQ and received updates/alerts for +2, -2 etc. To this day, I still see the alerts from January but have YET to see any movement with the myFico 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring. 

Customer service claims I need to give it "TIME" to build my profile.. It take's "72 BUSINESS HOURS" or so to build a profile for you to start receiving alerts. My Equifax Monitoring has given me more alerts in the same time period . 

Whats up with this product? I'm planning on cancelling if I don't see anything by tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm cancelling PERIOD. Its a waste of money and feel like its misleading. 

Message 246 of 275
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

Sooo... I had called Cap1 to file a dispute, but the wait times were so long I gave up and planned to call back at a later date. But I forgot. And I had honestly forgotten I was still paying for this service until about a week ago when all three have started to update regularly with balance changes/new accounts.

LOL.

Three months after the fact. I'm not so sure as to whether or not I should be thankful I didn't cancel or insulted that it took this long for the service to *apparently* work.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 247 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:

Sooo... I had called Cap1 to file a dispute, but the wait times were so long I gave up and planned to call back at a later date. But I forgot. And I had honestly forgotten I was still paying for this service until about a week ago when all three have started to update regularly with balance changes/new accounts.

LOL.

Three months after the fact. I'm not so sure as to whether or not I should be thankful I didn't cancel or insulted that it took this long for the service to *apparently* work.

i got Citi now (FREE EXPERIAN) i got Chase too i think also has free fico scores. BarClay, Walmart and Discover FREE TRANSUNION there. i think im going cancel myfico 3 now. 

Message 248 of 275
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:

LOL.

i got Citi now (FREE EXPERIAN) i got Chase too i think also has free fico scores. BarClay, Walmart and Discover FREE TRANSUNION there. i think im going cancel myfico 3 now. 

Citi does not offer EX.  EQ will be offered during 2015 as a new benefit.  Chase does not offer any FICO scores.

Message 249 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:

LOL.

Citi does not offer EX.  EQ will be offered during 2015 as a new benefit.  Chase does not offer any FICO scores.

yeah that was the point for canceling $20 a month for Myfico3. 

FREE SCORES....

Citi: EQ  √

FNBO: EX  √

CreditSesame: EX √  <---- i actually get free monthly experian score from here that matches exactly the score on FICO. 

BarClay: TU √

WalMart: TU √

DisCover: TU √

CapitolONE: SUCKS

CreditKarma: SUCKS

Credit.com: EX √ and SUCKS (only updates 30 days from the time you first update your score instead the first of each month like CreditSesame.)

Message 250 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.