Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

So.... I called CSR at myFICO yesterday to discuss my concerns about not seeing any updates when I'm seeing other updates elsewhere. Lo and behold, I receive a TU update today. Nothing from EQ or EX on myFICO yet several changes have taken place. 

THIS IS ALL SO SKETCHY. 

I have Equifax Monitoring and have been receiving updates from them. 

Message 251 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So.... I called CSR at myFICO yesterday to discuss my concerns about not seeing any updates when I'm seeing other updates elsewhere. Lo and behold, I receive a TU update today. Nothing from EQ or EX on myFICO yet several changes have taken place. 

THIS IS ALL SO SKETCHY. 

I have Equifax Monitoring and have been receiving updates from them. 

lol

Message 252 of 275
core
Valued Contributor

Since the updates are so unreliable, why not give us a button to click which forces an update of the score?  Is that so hard?

I think this is all a conspiracy to get us to purchase their other stuff.

Message 253 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im never purchasing this again, ever! It didnt work for over a month, then worked great for about two weeks, now its back to nearly nothing at all. Last alert on EX 11/13, EQ 10/18 and TU 10/28. Called today and the rep was actually pleasant but her answers were no better than the yahoos I encountered before. "TU likes to gather a lot of information before updating with us but EQ seems to be taking a long time on your account." Really? I hadnt noticed.......

How much is a LOT of information for TU? What is the point of paying monthly for a service if I dont even see an alert in over a month? <<<< Some of my questions. To which I received *crickets* in reply Smiley Very Happy

I'll keep up with TU score using Barclays and Discover. Might check the other two scores with a one time report every 6 months. But it'll be a frosty day in Hades before I pay another dime for any monthly subscriptions from myFICO! Scorewatch monthly price is too high, once again myFICO if your reading this the Scorewatch monthly price is TOO HIGH. Makes no sense for all 3 monitored reports to be $19.95 a month but EQ by itself is only $5 less. Bring it down to $9.95, stop forcing people into a 3 month committment for services that may work half that time and we can talk

Ok rant over Smiley Happy Purchase with caution and good luck to all of you
Message 254 of 275
GE
New Visitor
New Visitor

Has anyone gotten a failed to enroll when signing up for the three bureau monitoring? I've tried several times but each time I get an unknown enrollemnt issue with Transunion that causes MyFico to cancel the service. I've tried to get support from MyFico and Transunion but each are playing the software application blame game and say it isn't them but the other guy. The strange thing is that I get the initial reports and scores but within 72 hours I get the notice that enrollment has failed and my money is refunded.

Message 255 of 275
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

What does that tell you? Did you even read the reviews?

Message 256 of 275
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Cancelled my subscription today after 3 months of sub par monitoring. Over the last 3 months I have had plenty of EQ updates, Transunion total balance bankcard/finance account updates which to me are useless, and not a single EX update when there should have been plenty based on the reporting parameters. I've had hard pulls where I was notified by Credit Karma and ProtectMyID but not from this 3 Bureau Monitoring product. The kicker was today when I received notification for 12 alerts and they were all TU alerts from the last 3 months going back to August. Makes no sense. 

This could have been a good product but there are way too many kinks and it was rolled out too soon. I may revisit it again in a year or so if what I read here changes my mind. 

Message 257 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 258 of 275
Scupra
Super Contributor

Signed up the morning 3b reporting was released, 8/22/14 I think.. JUST got my very first Transunion update! Not for the new account 2 months ago, not from the new account last month, not from either of the inquiries from those two accounts, but a score change haha.. Meh better to have something I guess

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 259 of 275
Involver
Valued Contributor

Ive come to the realization that this is not an issue with MyFICOs product, but rather with Transunion's reporting.

Three days ago I finally got a score update on my Barclay's account after not having one in several weeks even with a ton of major events.

Same day, TU score update on MyFICO.  No reason for the update, no specific event, but a score update nonetheless.

Today I got another "update" from TU that my score had decreased from 807 to 807.  Yeah it doesn't make sense, but it happened.

So TU is definitely in the wrong.

That does NOT mean, however, that MyFICO should not be held responsible for advertising a product as functional that is clearly not.

Message 260 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.