Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

tag
core
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

@Involver wrote:

Ive come to the realization that this is not an issue with MyFICOs product, but rather with Transunion's reporting.

Three days ago I finally got a score update on my Barclay's account after not having one in several weeks even with a ton of major events.

Same day, TU score update on MyFICO.  No reason for the update, no specific event, but a score update nonetheless.

Today I got another "update" from TU that my score had decreased from 807 to 807.  Yeah it doesn't make sense, but it happened.

So TU is definitely in the wrong.

I got a similar cryptic TU score update from myfico (not "from TU") today.  In fact mine was even worse.  But I don't see how that, or anything else in your post, says anything one way or the other about who is responsible for this mess.  You are saying that because you got a "decreased" message when the change was zero that proves it's TU's problem?  I don't follow you.  TU doesn't send pretty human-readable text messages.  TU sends data.  Myfico interprets that data and sends you emails.  All of my other TU monitoring services are working just fine.

Message 261 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

This service is bat crazy lol Now that its been canceled as of 12/05 I see myFICO soft pulled my EX report on the 9th and sent me a score change alert this morning for my new Discover account reporting. I didnt even catch that myFICO uses soft pulls to get the information, Ive been told time and again by phone that its the bureaus fault for not updating myFICO. Now the excuse that bureaus dont provide them info in a timely manner is totally false! EX/EQ/TU dont provide them anything at all myFICO soft pulls bureaus to get the information smh Guess im getting alerts for free now, couldnt manage to get them consistently when I was paying O.o nothing about this product makes sense and customer service is awful. Buyer beware

Message 262 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

Further update - EQ and TU alerts shortly followed. Maybe the key to getting this to work correctly is canceling it and not paying! Crazy
Message 263 of 275
EW800
Valued Contributor

I just received my first TU report change alert since switching to the 3B product on 8/22, more than 3-1/2 months ago! It stated that the total balance of all my credit card balances changed by $16! I assume that is because I made a mistake and let all credit cards report $0 for a few days, then the $16 balance hit. That made it look like a 100% balance change. It is good to know that it appears TU is working for me, as I was seriously wondering. Still nothing from Exp. Many updates from Eq.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 264 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling in tomorrow to cancel service. I'd rather put my money in a IRA than this service that offers nothing more than my creditkarma. Actually less when you consider all my updates having been through ck first

Message 265 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Canceled. Boom.

Message 266 of 275
Aramos
New Contributor

Mine is over on the 30th of this month. Damn glad also. I just went to apply for an auto loan today and there was a 56 point difference between what MyFICO is saying on my EX compared to what the lender pulled. Almost feeling like this is just fraud at this point since they claim accurate numbers. And yes, I've been getting monthly score updates so at least there I was better off than most.
Message 267 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I think car places have different scoring models enhanced specifically for the auto loan and what your risk is. The Fico csr on the phone said that fico takes longer to update because they are calculating the numbers while credit karma is just sort guessing. I was like, ha I know it's just for educational purposes but the is no reason why I ive gotten only 2 TU updates during 5 new CC and a secured loan. No excuses. 

Message 268 of 275
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

My service ended a month ago and I don't miss it one bit. It was a complete waste of money. I get better updates from free Karma and true fico from Barclays and Discover.  I still visit the forums though. The members are an asset. 

Message 269 of 275
EW800
Valued Contributor

I agree - these forums are such a blessing. No matter how people feel about the monitoring service, I truly hope and appreciate the regular contributors sticking around.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 270 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.