Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Issues and Troubleshooting

I am also having issues...only EQ reported my new balance. TU and EX nothing despite getting the new balances in CK and CS. How is it fair to be locked in for 3 months for a product that is not currently working as advertised...I expect some sort of "credit" when they sell me a product that they KNOW is not working as advertised. Don't they have a testing phase before a product launch...? I am really disappointed.
Message 51 of 275
BootStraps
Established Contributor

I upgraded from Scorewatch on 8/26.

I, also, am only getting EQ updates...

I know, from another service I have, that a new credit card account that I opened last month started reporting. It was already showing on EQ and EX when I upgraded but not on TU. It is now showing up on the other service, but nothing on 3-Bureau TU. This is addition to balance changes and things that are not showing up on EX or TU.

I really want to love the 3B monitoring... They need to fix this yesterday!

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 52 of 275
EW800
Valued Contributor

> I really want to love the 3B monitoring...

I agree with you completely!  I really want to love this as well, as it could be the best in the industry, if they can get it working as advertised.  

I received an Equifax alert this morning of a significant score change, however still nothing from Exp and TU.  MyFICO support is saying that everything is working as it should, however I am certain that it is not.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 53 of 275
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

It definitely is not working. I also sent a PM to Lexie about the issue and she's trying to work with admin to get it fixed.  Currently, only EQ is working as it should. However, EX and TU are not updating/sending out alerts of changes. 

Message 54 of 275
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

It definitely is not working. I also sent a PM to Lexie about the issue and she's trying to work with admin to get it fixed.  Currently, only EQ is working as it should. However, EX and TU are not updating/sending out alerts of changes. 

Are at least the scores updating?  Or is nothing functioning correctly for TU and EX?

Message 55 of 275
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Simba501 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Are at least the scores updating?  Or is nothing functioning correctly for TU and EX?

Nope. Only EQ is updating. Scores for EX and TU are not updating. 

Message 56 of 275
EW800
Valued Contributor

Same here.... No report or score change alerts from TU/EX at all. Smiley Sad
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 57 of 275
Anonymous
Not applicable

EW800 wrote:

Ok guys - after doing a lot of discussion with the team, here is what I am understanding your concerns to be:

1. You ARE getting balance change alerts for EFX
2. You are NOT getting balance change alerts for TU (which is the how the product works today and should not be expected to provide these alerts at present)
3. You are NOT getting balance change alerts for EXP

So here is my takeaway on the above situations:

• Yeah for #1! 
  • This should be expected behavior since TU does not currently monitor balance changes (increases or decreases) 
  • As for Experian, after much discussion with the team to understand why folks are not receiving balance change alerts I learned that it seems that each of the credit bureaus has their own set of data and requirements. Because of this, credit file changes are tracked differently at each bureau, and thus your alerts are triggered by different thresholds for each CRA.  While I am not able to disclose the exact differences, it seems that EXP's thresholds are different which is likely contributing to why you are not seeing alerts for EXP coincide with your balance change alerts from EFX. If the change is big enough to hit a certain threshold, you’ll receive a EXP balance change alert.

Please let me know if this doesn’t make sense of your experiences.

Thanks!

K

Message 58 of 275
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

Ok guys - after doing a lot of discussion with the team, here is what I am understanding your concerns to be:

1. You ARE getting balance change alerts for EFX
2. You are NOT getting balance change alerts for TU (which is the how the product works today and should not be expected to provide these alerts at present)
3. You are NOT getting balance change alerts for EXP

So here is my takeaway on the above situations:

• Yeah for #1! 
  • This should be expected behavior since TU does not currently monitor balance changes (increases or decreases) 
  • As for Experian, after much discussion with the team to understand why folks are not receiving balance change alerts I learned that it seems that each of the credit bureaus has their own set of data and requirements. Because of this, credit file changes are tracked differently at each bureau, and thus your alerts are triggered by different thresholds for each CRA.  While I am not able to disclose the exact differences, it seems that EXP's thresholds are different which is likely contributing to why you are not seeing alerts for EXP coincide with your balance change alerts from EFX. If the change is big enough to hit a certain threshold, you’ll receive a EXP balance change alert.

Please let me know if this doesn’t make sense of your experiences.

Thanks!

K

Hi Karin,

My score changed for TU and EX. I have access to FICO 08 Scoring models via other means. However, the 3 report monitoring service has not updated my scores for either. My score changed on August 27th for TU, as an example, and my score given by the 3-monitoring service has not changed since the 22 of  August. So, that is another issue. 

Message 59 of 275
EW800
Valued Contributor

Thank you, Karin.

So.... If a change is "big enough", we should see an Exp alert. How about Exp score changes? Do they also have to be a change to a certain degree?

How about TU score changes? What can we do to begin receiving these?
Message 60 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.