FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring

tag
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Re: FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring

@EW800 wrote:

@New_Beginning wrote:

On another note I got my first Experian update! So far so good Smiley Happy

What type of alert was it?  Score change or a change to your report?

It is great to see a couple of reports of alerts coming through! 

Score and account change 

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 71 of 424
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@New_Beginning wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@New_Beginning wrote:

Score and account change 

Did it provide your new score or did it say something like "your score has increased by. . ."?

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Message 72 of 424
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Did anyone also sign up for the ID monitoring that myfico now offers with the 3 ca monitoring ?? Was thinking of adding it

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 73 of 424
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

Did anyone also sign up for the ID monitoring that myfico now offers with the 3 ca monitoring ?? Was thinking of adding it

No.  I signed up for an annual ID Protection back in 4/2014 and I get a very good price.  It does everything, the new product does, except true FICO score and customizable alerts for the price of the FICO ID basic.  So I have until March to see how everyone rates the new ID product and to decide if I really want to pay for knowing the true scores of all three Bureaus.  

Currently I'm doing the monthly fee for the 3 Bureaus, but I have no reason to keep the product other than curiosity and more detailed knowledge.  I get two of my FICO scores for free from credit cards and there isn't any major purchase coming up that would give me incentive to track my scores closer.  I tend to be thrifty so I'll probably track the difference between my FICO 08 score and my FICO 08 Bankcard score for three months and then cancel.

Message 74 of 424
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

No.  I signed up for an annual ID Protection back in 4/2014 and I get a very good price.  It does everything, the new product does, except true FICO score and customizable alerts for the price of the FICO ID basic.  So I have until March to see how everyone rates the new ID product and to decide if I really want to pay for knowing the true scores of all three Bureaus. I previously found a site reviewed all of the ID Protection products http://www.nextadvisor.com/identity_theft_protection_services/compare.php.  I'm hoping that by March, they'll be a comparison review that also has myFICO's new product.

Currently I'm doing the monthly fee for the 3 Bureaus, but I have no reason to keep the product other than curiosity and more detailed knowledge.  I get two of my FICO scores for free from credit cards and there isn't any major purchase coming up that would give me incentive to track my scores closer.  I tend to be thrifty so I'll probably track the difference between my FICO 08 score and my FICO 08 Bankcard score for three months and then cancel.

Message 75 of 424
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Ahaaa!!! I woke up this morning and there were 4 alerts in my email box! It was like Christmas in August! Smiley Very Happy

The great news is......................they were all 4 good alerts....................4 credit card balances changed to zero!

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 76 of 424
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Divaofsongs wrote:

Ahaaa!!! I woke up this morning and there were 4 alerts in my email box! It was like Christmas in August! Smiley Very Happy

The great news is......................they were all 4 good alerts....................4 credit card balances changed to zero!

It is great to hear that it appears that the alerts are working!  Did you get these for Exp, TU or both?  

I am hoping to see some good alerts come through in the next couple of days.  I have two CC's that will be reporting $0 balanace, as well as Amex agreeing to remove a 30-day late that I had from about 22 months ago.  It will be so nice to see alerts in regard to more than just Eq.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 77 of 424
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@New_Beginning wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@New_Beginning wrote:

Score and account change 

Did it provide your new score or did it say something like "your score has increased by. . ."?

A new score was also provided...

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Message 78 of 424
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@New_Beginning wrote:

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@New_Beginning wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@New_Beginning wrote:

Score and account change 

A new score was also provided...

Wow!!! I was planning on canceling in 3 months.  With alerts and a score, I don't know if I'll be able to tear myself away.

Message 79 of 424
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

It is great to hear that it appears that the alerts are working!  Did you get these for Exp, TU or both?  

I am hoping to see some good alerts come through in the next couple of days.  I have two CC's that will be reporting $0 balanace, as well as Amex agreeing to remove a 30-day late that I had from about 22 months ago.  It will be so nice to see alerts in regard to more than just Eq.  

2 alerts were from EQ and 2 were from EXP............my score did not change yet but I am hoping it will soon.

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 80 of 424
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.