Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Flat

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score Flat

Even though I have paid down my CC balance, my FICO score has not changed, and the last credit alert I received was on 1/31.  I also got a new credit card (CapitalOne) about two months ago, and still my FICO has not budged.

Any way to force a refresh of FICO calculation?  Seems like something in the MyFICO system isn't updating correctly.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Refreshing Scores

The only way to 'refresh' your FICO score is to order a new report and score.  So, you may want to pull another Equifax report to check on your score and to see if that new Capital One account is showing yet.

Let the folks at myFICO Customer Care know if you need any further help or have any specific questions about your score or Score Watch subscription.
Message 2 of 7
Nuggy
Established Member

So, does that mean that the FAQs and everything that myFi...

@Barry wrote:
The only way to 'refresh' your FICO score is to order a new report and score. So, you may want to pull another Equifax report to check on your score and to see if that new Capital One account is showing yet.

Let the folks at myFICO Customer Care know if you need any further help or have any specific questions about your score or Score Watch subscription.

So, does that mean that the FAQs and everything that myFico has told me about ScoreWatch are lies? Where does the "Watch" part of "ScoreWatch" come in if the only way to see any change is to drop eleven bucks for a new report and score? Isn't that the point of the ScoreWatch product, to alert you when new accounts and events such as these appear, so that you don't have to go searching for them yourself?

This is really getting ridiculous. I have yet to hear any straight answers as to what SHOULD be happening vs. what IS happening.

A new account appears on my Equifax credit report on March 1. Yes or No: Should I, as a subscriber to ScoreWatch, get an alert regarding this new account within a day or so, assuming I have my notification preferences properly configured?

If YES, then why isn't it happening?
If NO, then why does the FAQ and the product documentation say it should?
Message 3 of 7
MM1234
Regular Contributor

SCORE WATCH only gives you notice of your score jump - it...

SCORE WATCH only gives you notice of your score jump - it doesnt give you a NEW free report. But I think you get 2 for free when you sign up. I have used Score watch since DEC, 2006 and every month a get a email that my score goes up and up. BUT - they only show you the Equifax score since myFICO and Equifax are working together. If I want to see my TU and Exper reports I simply buy those every other month if I want.

I feel that I spend more $$$ on JUNK FOOD and other NON Useful items so why not spend $11-25 every few months to see my Updated scores for ALL 3.

Im wondering if your score is not moving maybe it cause you got a new CCard and any jump in points was canceled out by getting the new card.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Score Flat

I find that paying down your balance helps a lot but only if it makes your precentage of dept below 50%, anything between 50-90% appears to have the same effect on your score. I may be incorrect on this though.
Message 5 of 7
yoreljm
New Contributor

Re: So, does that mean that the FAQs and everything that myFi...

Score watch refused to tell me that my score changed...but when i bought a new report..."surprise!, I was down 22 point". Why din't it notify me?
Message 6 of 7
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Re: So, does that mean that the FAQs and everything that myFi...

yoreljm -

Im hoping to see an answer for your question. I havnet ordered a new report(s) yet cause my current scores are fine with me but I'd hate to order them later and see a DROP without being notifed. This month I got my Alert but it said there was no change so the alerts are working but Im curoius why yours didnt report that drop. Anyone?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.