Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score watch or FICO Credit Complete - FICO or FAKO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score watch or FICO Credit Complete - FICO or FAKO

Anybody know if these are FICO or FAKO scores?? I don't know which one to purchase - I want FICO scores and I want to monitor it, but I also want the simulator option. Do you only get the credit report once or can you pull it a couple of times?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: FICO Score watch or FICO Credit Complete - FICO or FAKO

They are both FICO, as they are sold here.

FICO Scorewatch gives you two paid-for pulls of your FICO EQ score and report. If you want more, they are discounted to $10.95. All the scores and reports display and are available for the time that you are subscribed. You have access to the EQ score sim.

FICO Credit Complete is a one-time pull of all three scores and reports. They will stay available and viewable for 30 days, and then they go poof, so be sure to print or otherwise save them. You have access to the sims for EQ and TU; EX doesn't provide one.

I have Scorewatch, and I've thought of dropping it at times, but I've gotten enough useful alerts to decide to keep it. I also buy the other two scores way too often, lol!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I think Score watch will work for now. I don't necessarily need the reports at this time, but if I can pull 2 anytime that is good. Even if it is just EX - it's something. Although it seems like TU usually shows a lower score. I am really concerned about my score at this time - as you have seen me on the other forums trying to bring my score up.
Message 3 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you are trying to do a lot of clean-up, or trying to time credit card payments and need to know when they post, you might try a trial of one of the 3-in-1 credit monitoring services that allow daily report pulls. Just be sure to ignore the scores and the "advice" that comes along with them. They aren't FICO scores, and the advice can be harmful to your real scores, if followed.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have creditreport.com that I got through one of my cards - any info no this one? I don't really know how to use it, but I know I had a heart attack when I saw my scores on there - I hope they are FAKO and lower than they should be. I think I have to pay for my report. My other concern with these is if they are going to show up as hits on the CR's - I know you can request them, but I always wonder if they will count against me with some of these companies.
Message 5 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I don't know how that one works (I'm a TrueCredit girl), but their scores are definitely FAKO. My TC FAKOs are lower than my real ones, although my TC EQ used to be much higher. They have never come close to matching or predicting the real things.

The ONLY places that you can get FICO scores are here, directly from Equifax (they sell EQ FICO), and an obscure product on transunioncs.com (note the cs) that is their version of the FICO Quarterly Monitoring product. Even if you see an EQ score from somewhere else, like your creditreport.com, it will be a FAKO.

FICO scores have the kind of dorky gold seal.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok - thanks - that helps. I saw that on the product page (the seal) so I just wanted to make sure they were real before I bought another fako. At this point I don't need to waste money on scams. One more question - how often can you check your score on score watch - Everyday, two - three times a day, etc?
Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
ok - thanks - that helps. I saw that on the product page (the seal) so I just wanted to make sure they were real before I bought another fako. At this point I don't need to waste money on scams. One more question - how often can you check your score on score watch - Everyday, two - three times a day, etc?

As above, it only comes with 2 pre-paid scores. After that, you pay the discounted price for any additional pulls. I guess you could pull daily if you wanted, but that would run, ummm, around $330/ month?

If you combine a 3-in-1 monitoring service that allows daily pulls with a Scorewatch subscription (in other words, two different products, like Scorewatch and TrueCredit), that generally gives you the info that you need. If you see something happening on the reports that you think would result in a score change, grit your teeth, hang in there, and see if you get a score alert. It will tell you your new score, so you really wouldn't even need to pay for a FICO score report. Although if your scores go up, it's awfully nice to pay for a new report and have it display every time you log on!

BTW, if you get Scorewatch, when you set your score alerts, enter your current score as the target score. That is supposed to trigger an alert whenever it changes. Completely illogical, but there you are.

edited to clarify that Scorewatch is one product, and a 3-in-1 monitoring service is unrelated and separate.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-26-2008 02:31 PM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

so if I understand right - you only get 2 scores for free and after that you have to pay? or is that if you want to pull your credit report? I thought you could get your updated score anytime? If it is going to charge you for something - does it ask you first? I just signed up for it, and I want to make sure I don't end up getting a bunch of charges when they are not necessary. What's a 3 in 1?
Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

A 3-in-1 monitoring service pulls all three of your credit reports (from EQ, EX, and TU.) If you have one like TrueCredit that shows the actual date that your reports update, it is helpful in controlling your reported util. They usually come with scores and comments as well, which is why I advised ignoring them.

And on Scorewatch, yes, after the two included in the price, you pay for any others. You get the score with the report, they come together. When you get an alert, it tells you what your score changed to, and so there's no report or fee with that. If you decide to pull your score (which comes with a report), there is a very clear process for paying. You can't accidentally blunder into buying one --you'll know exactly when it happens.

Here's what my most recent alert looked like. As you can see, it shows my new score:
January 18, 2008

Alert: Your FICO® score has exceeded your target score of 693

Score Watch alert/Changes to your FICO® Score
Your FICO® score has gone up to 710 on January 18, 2008.
Target score alert: Your FICO® score has exceeded your target score of 693.

Changes to your credit report

Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. This can happen if:

* The balances on one or more of your credit accounts decreased. In general, less debt is better for your score.
* The credit limit on one or more of your credit accounts increased. Larger credit limits tend to help your FICO® scores if your balances remain the same.
* Negative information on your credit report, such as a bankruptcy, collection, or record of a late payment, was removed because it was more than 7 years old (or 10 years old in the case of a bankruptcy).
* Negative information on your credit report is not harming your FICO® score as much as before because it is now older. Past negative credit behavior, like missing payments or defaulting on loans, are offset over time by more recent history of credit responsibility.
Since it gives the new score, I technically didn't need to pay for a report, but of course, I did. Smiley Happy FICO scores are pretty much my only vice these days.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.