Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback wanted: myFICO site design improvements

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Feedback wanted: myFICO site design improvements

The myFICO team is looking to make some improvements to the myFICO site during the coming year and we'd really like your input.

Do you have a suggestion as to what would make the myFICO site easier to:

• buy
  • find stuff
  • see the history of what you've bought previously
  • do the things you want to do on the site
  • ???

While I know many of you have some wonderful product ideas, we're specifically looking for <i>site</i> design feedback in this thread.  If you'd like to share a product idea, please feel free to post your product suggestion in another thread on this board.  We value all of your feedback!

Thanks for helping us find new and better ways to meet your needs

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Feedback wanted: myFICO site design improvements

Repeat any offers (score discounts, etc.) on the log-in page, which is what I have bookmarked. I only go to the myfico home page when I'm on, umm, a different computer, and I miss the good stuff. Smiley Sad

By log-in page, I mean this one: https://www.myfico.com/SystemAccess/Login.aspx
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about allowing customers to view reports/FICO's for up to a year from their purchase date? What about not deleting scores and reports when a service is cancelled(ex. cancelling quarterly Monitoring will delete all TU scores from quarterlymonitoring.) What does FICO take up for data? 1/2 MB?

That would be niceSmiley Happy. Gift cards would also be nice. Either in $ domination or 1 year of ScoreWatch, year of quarterly monioring, all 3 ficos, 1 fico of your choice.

Message Edited by wcnghj on 01-13-2009 06:17 PM
Message 3 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Hauling,

You mean, for example, the banner we have on the home page now for 20% off scores? That type of thing?

Paul

Message 4 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey wcnghj (that's tough to type!),

I have a couple comments/questions around this.

First, the reports themselves are actually quite large, and that is a factor in the viewing length currently believe it or not.

Question #1 - Why is it valuable to see a report and score for up to a year? It's likely no longer accurate after a few months, so wouldn't it be confusing to folks to have it stay there? What's the benefit to seeing it?

Question #2 - Is it the report or the score (or both) that you're really interested in seeing? The score is obviously very small storage wise, so creating a "permanent" score history (detached from the reports) is certainly something I will add to our list of possibilities.

Question #3 - Would you buy a gift card? Would you want an actual physical card? Several years ago we actually had a "give as a gift" feature on myFICO where you could purchase a product for someone else, and it would basically generate a 100% off promo code and email it to them. However, virtually no one used it and it was removed as a result.

This is exactly the type of feedback we're looking for. Keep it up!! 

Message 5 of 67
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

myFICO_Paul wrote:

Hey Hauling,

You mean, for example, the banner we have on the home page now for 20% off scores? That type of thing?

Paul

Yes, that's it, exactly.

If for no other reason than that I don't feel such a chucklehead when everyone starts asking about an offer, and I have no idea what they're talking about! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question #2 - Is it the report or the score (or both) that you're really interested in seeing? The score is obviously very small storage wise, so creating a "permanent" score history (detached from the reports) is certainly something I will add to our list of possibilities.

The permanent score history is what I am really intrested in. Maybe even a graph to show lifetime progress.

Question #3 - Would you buy a gift card? Would you want an actual physical card? Several years ago we actually had a "give as a gift" feature on myFICO where you could purchase a product for someone else, and it would basically generate a 100% off promo code and email it to them. However, virtually no one used it and it was removed as a result.

Yes, I would buy one Smiley Happy. I know just the right people and a physical card would be nice for those less tech savvy.

Message 7 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey wcnghj (that's tough to type!),

I have a couple comments/questions around this.

First, the reports themselves are actually quite large, and that is a factor in the viewing length currently believe it or not.

Question #1 - Why is it valuable to see a report and score for up to a year? It's likely no longer accurate after a few months, so wouldn't it be confusing to folks to have it stay there? What's the benefit to seeing it?

This is exactly the type of feedback we're looking for. Keep it up!! 

I would like to agree. The same thing happened to me, cancelled a service and all the reports I purchased individually disappeared with the service. There are a number of reasons that it would be helpful to still have the reports. Regardless of what they are, when you look at your screen and it says that this report will still be viewable until 4/1/2009, you expect it to be there on 4/1/2009. Then when you cancel your service POOF, gone.

In my case I was royally scr*wed by this. I was at the end of a rebuild phase with my credit and I had one creditor/collection agency that kept reaging and changing the way they were reporting.  I was in the middle of a battle with them and all my proof was in the previous fico reports that said they'd stil be available to a certain time, which is why I had not printed them yet. Cancelled a service and they disappeared without any warning and I lost all my evidence against that CA.  Really messed me up.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 01-15-2009 09:27 AM
Message 8 of 67
Dallasgirl
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

The permanent score history is what I am really intrested in. Maybe even a graph to show lifetime progress.

I second that suggestion.  Once I've pulled my report, there's no need to keep it on-line.  However, I would be interested in viewing my score history, (preferrably in graph format).  WAMU offers this service for their members with TU scores.  I think a lot of people who come to this site do so because they have an interest in improving or maintaining their scores and may have an interest in tracking their history or progess.   Thanks.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey UpUpUp,

I just want to make sure I understand. So when you cancelled the service (SW, FQM, whichever it may be) it didn't bother you that you lost access to the pieces specific to the service, but it was just the reports and scores (which it's very likely were old and you'd already paid for) going away also that made it tough.

Thanks!

Paul

Message 10 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.