Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback wanted: myFICO site design improvements

tag
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Feedback wanted: myFICO site design improvements

@Anonymous wrote:

FICO should terminate it's relationship with EX all together. Why is FICO continuing to allow EX to use its formula to market with lenders if EX will not allow consumers access to FICO?

Same reason any business does anything, MONEY!

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 41 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Want my money back NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am furious with this web site and will no longer advocate its use to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 42 of 67
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Why are you so furious?  Let us know so we can empathize, sympathize, criticize, or ostracize.  Smiley Happy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 43 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you change the color of the threads that you have already read? This would be very helpful in so much as I wouldn't have to keep reading threads that I have already read.

Thank you.  This is a great site.

Message 44 of 67
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I Want my money back NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am furious with this web site and will no longer advocate its use to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you want to elaborate? Because otherwise your input means nothing and will frankly be deleted for being the baseless rant of a fool.

Message 45 of 67
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you change the color of the threads that you have already read? This would be very helpful in so much as I wouldn't have to keep reading threads that I have already read.

May I recommend that you use some kind of an RSS reader and have the feeds for the categories you want to monitor placed in there and as there are posts you can read them, reply to them and as you do they go away and you don't have to deal with any redundancies, that's what I do and it works out great. I don't even bother relying on the site's read/new/indicators at all. If you use Firefox, you can get the most versatile Brief addon which allows you to manage it all in one shot. Or if you want, there are plenty of external readers like the one built into Outlook 2007 and many other free ones that will achieve the same goal.

Message 46 of 67
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

gremiles wrote:

We're glad you're here!

When you look at the list of thread titles on any of the boards, threads that have some unread messages are in bold. Next to the column of thread titles are three columns of numbers: Replies, New, and Views. The middle column (New) shows how many posts within that thread you haven't read yet. If you click on that number, rather than on the thread title, it will take you to your first unread message on that thread.

The only thing is that you have to keep clicking back to that main list to be able to click on the New (unread posts) figure. If you just keep clicking Next Thread, it will take you back to the first post on each subsequent thread.

And I'm sure that Guardian's method works, too! --if only I knew exactly what he was telling us to do, and how to do it. Smiley Wink Unfortunately, I don't touch about 90% of the gadgetry in these forums. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 47 of 67
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
And I'm sure that Guardian's method works, too! --if only I knew exactly what he was telling us to do, and how to do it. Smiley Wink Unfortunately, I don't touch about 90% of the gadgetry in these forums. Smiley Tongue

My way is just one way to do it and works solid for me and if you want to know how to do it, I'd be happy to send it to you via PM or create a post and give detailed instructions. But a quick recap is that each category on this site has an RSS attached to it which will track any posts made to it. If you put the link to the RSS in a reader, it will update and keep track fo the posts and you can choose to read and move on or click on it, load it and post a reply. The ones you reply, you will get email notifications and keep up with it that way and those that you don't you can go back to them later or just keep up with the new posts. So what I do is get notifications in my RSS reader that new posts have come in, I read them and the ones I want to reply to or read further, I will go to and the rest I just delete and ignore.

Say you want to track the "Understanding FICO Scoring" category, then the RSS link would be:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/rss/board?board.id=ficoscoring

Say you want to track anything and everything that posts to the site for this topic, then the RSS link would be:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/rss/boardmessages?board.id=ficoscoring

so on...

Message 48 of 67
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, good. You are now my resource for this!

I once subscribed to some of the boards to be notified when there was a new post; not sure if this is the same thing. The day that I realized that I hadn't logged into my home Outlook, did so, and found 378 unread alerts was the day that I said, mebbe not. Smiley Wink

I'd rather not know exactly how many of these things I have to read every day. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 49 of 67
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
OK, good. You are now my resource for this!

I once subscribed to some of the boards to be notified when there was a new post; not sure if this is the same thing. The day that I realized that I hadn't logged into my home Outlook, did so, and found 378 unread alerts was the day that I said, mebbe not. Smiley Wink

I'd rather not know exactly how many of these things I have to read every day. Smiley Sad

15+ years of developement in software, hardware, infrastructure and you name it, has to have something to show for it right Smiley Wink Anytime for anything, just shoot me a message and I will be happy to help you out. I monitor about 15 different RSS feeds and I get about 20-87 items an hour (the interval I have it set to) and most of it comes from myFICO and I can beeze through them pretty quick and only reply to a few here and there, so not too bad Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.