Did you mean: 

Feedback wanted: myFICO site design improvements

tag
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

Re: Feedback wanted: myFICO site design improvements

@Guardian wrote:

@haulingthescoreup:

There are more advanced forum software that have the ability to support what is called multi-quote. This allows you to quote multiple posts simply by selecting them and then replying to them all in one post. This way you don't have to write a separate post for each and every person's post you want to reply to or do what you don't like and have to sit there with the <blockquote> option to get it to work. [...]

I overlooked that. I second that. Multi-quote would be a great feature to incorporate into the next version of this forum.
Message 61 of 67
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Post split to form a new thread within Rebuilding Your Credit

Message 62 of 67
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey wcnghj (that's tough to type!),

I have a couple comments/questions around this.

First, the reports themselves are actually quite large, and that is a factor in the viewing length currently believe it or not.

Question #1 - Why is it valuable to see a report and score for up to a year? It's likely no longer accurate after a few months, so wouldn't it be confusing to folks to have it stay there? What's the benefit to seeing it?

Question #2 - Is it the report or the score (or both) that you're really interested in seeing? The score is obviously very small storage wise, so creating a "permanent" score history (detached from the reports) is certainly something I will add to our list of possibilities.

Question #3 - Would you buy a gift card? Would you want an actual physical card? Several years ago we actually had a "give as a gift" feature on myFICO where you could purchase a product for someone else, and it would basically generate a 100% off promo code and email it to them. However, virtually no one used it and it was removed as a result.

This is exactly the type of feedback we're looking for. Keep it up!! 

Referring to Question #1 - I like the thought of see viewing up to a year.  I am more interested in seeing how my scores have changed during the course of the year.  It would also be great if the reports remained because shen looking back at your scores changing you can view your reports to see the differences and why your score would have changed. Just my two cents but honestly that is what I am looking for in a program like this. For what we pay to be able to view our score and report, I think we should be able to view it for a year, It is a reference on how we improve or not improve over a period of time.

Question #2 - The score is most important, but the report adds value in reference also.

Question #3 - I would not use the "Gift Card thing" Not everybody monitors their credit like we on this board do, and most only do the free annual credit report thing as opposed to purchasing a monthly report that dissapears at the end of the month.

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 63 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  -  I just wanted to post a comment about links to the myFICO Forums.  I've been a subscriber for years, and during that entire time, I've never been able to click on a link in a myFICO newsletter and actually reach the website or an article. I consistently get a "cannot display the website" message.

That problem exists with IE, FireFox, Safari, and Google Chrome (I've tried them all) as the default browser, and with web-based email and several email clients (Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird). Also, I've tried it with and without enabling various AV and spyware programs to see if there is some sort of setting I could change, but I've never been able to connect by clicking on a link.

I've written to Customer Service about it on several occasions, but never really gotten an answer about why a link is unable to connect to the articles featured in the newletter - CS doesn't seem to be able to get very technical, and I'm not an IT professional either.  I would just like someone to forward this commentary to the IT guys. If it's a known problem without a solution, that's one thing, but I doubt there isn't a fix for it. 

This doesn't diminish the value of my subscription, but it really does affect the timeliness and importance of the articles, and makes it much more difficult to go directly to the articles that are of interest to me (I don't really have time to dig), so I wind up never reading them. And that's a shame, because there is a lot of great content on this website.

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong Forum, but this just seemed to be the right place to go for someone to investigate whether or not this problem is site-wide, or an unusual local problem. Considering the number of email clients and browsers I've tried, I don't think it's my machine(s). But, with computers, I never say never.

Thanks for your time, and keep up the great work. 

Message 64 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry,

I cannot tell if I am going to get the reports along with the fico when I order anymore. The site and/or wording has changed on the products page. 

Thanks.

Message 65 of 67
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Barry,

I cannot tell if I am going to get the reports along with the fico when I order anymore. The site and/or wording has changed on the products page. 

Thanks.

You are multi-posting and your qustion was answered here, the reports are provided.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 66 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a couple of suggestions:

-A 'keep me logged in' checkbox would be great.  Every time I come back in from a smoke I have to log back in to both the forums and Scorewatch.  Not that big of a deal, but a little aggravating...

-I think ScoreWatch is a great product, but it would be nice if the simulator had some more features or detail.  Like, if I simulate "what if... I open a new credit card with a $300 limit", it tells me my potential score but not *how long* I will have to keep it to get there, or at *what* utilization percentage, etc.  Also, it would be nice to simulate or have some estimate of how my score would be affected by the removal or updating of derogatory listings. I'm sure that many people that come to the site do so in an effort to improve their credit scores, so getting some idea of what to expect score-wise from the removal of inaccurate negative entries would be great.

-I agree that being able to pull all three reports, and both accessible scores would be wonderful with the option to purchase updates.  

That's all.  Great site, great product.  Since I've started with it, I've been recommending it all the time.

Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.