Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Credit Report Confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Credit Report Confusion

So over the past year there has been a mistake on my credit reports. a "120 day late payment" for one of my accounts. After submitting various letters and proof it was corrected by TU and EX. However, it was not corrected by EQ until I recently received a letter stating such. On a letter I received yesterday, dated from last week, 9/18, it stated that they research my account in question and found: "this account is currently reported paid as agreed, with no late payments." In the attached report it all seemed fix. Again, this letter was directly from Equifax.

Now my issue is even though this correction was made per the letter and verified in the accompanying report-copy they sent me, the issue has not been corrected in the equifax reports I pulled today using my creditsecure account as well as using the FICO SCORE MONITOR product from this website!

Can someone tell me how or why this is possible? If equifax fixed this - why is it not being updated on these "refreshed"/new reports?

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico Credit Report Confusion

I've noticed sometimes what appears to be "ghost information" that appears on MyFico reports, but nowhere else. It's possible there's a coded entry which one or both entities (FI and the CRA) isn't correctly displaying and/or interpreting.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.