Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alerts!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fraud Alerts!!

Hey all

Question?  I have been trying to purchase my scores through MYFICO and I have a fraud alert on my SSN.  Will this prevent me from being able to purchase?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Valued Member

Re: Fraud Alerts!!

myhearts07 wrote:
Hey all

Question?  I have been trying to purchase my scores through MYFICO and I have a fraud alert on my SSN.  Will this prevent me from being able to purchase?

No, fraud alerts won't affect you being able to purchase your FICO scores. The alerts are merely barriers between you and the lending world, just extra security questions you will have to answer to prove your identity. I have a 7 year fraud alert on my reports but it didn't have any affect on me purchasing my FICO scores.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:

Yes, an FA will likely prevent you from being able to purchase SW from MF, but if you already have SW then you won't be stopped from buying your scores.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I've had a fraud alert on my credit reports / all 3 agencies since 9/2005, and I buy fico and scorewatch all the time...no problem. 

Message 4 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

The first time you pull after getting a FA you will have to call. Once MyFICO "unlocks" your account you will be fine.  
Message 5 of 9
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

I agree - that is exactly what happened to me.

My question though is how does a fraud alert affect my credit or does it at all besides having to answer questions.

Message 6 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

natasjlp wrote:

I agree - that is exactly what happened to me.

My question though is how does a fraud alert affect my credit or does it at all besides having to answer questions.

A fraud alert has no impact on your FICO score.
Message 7 of 9
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

someone told me it can affect trying to obtain CLIs - I also heard it may cause an issue when trying to get a mortgage? Is there any validity to this?
Message 8 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

natasjlp wrote:
someone told me it can affect trying to obtain CLIs - I also heard it may cause an issue when trying to get a mortgage? Is there any validity to this?

natasjlp, you'll have a lot better chance of good responses if you re-post your question on General Credit Issues.

I would split it off to start a new thread, but there isn't a logical spot to do this.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.