Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free triall to tricky promotions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free triall to tricky promotions?

When my account was close to trial period end, I sent a mail for cancellation. Seems like mail wasn't enough and I had to call. But by that time my credit card was already charged. So I called up and asked for cancellation. That was first time I got to know that I have been already signed up for 3 month minimum period and I'll be charged $15 every month. First customer service said that their customer support is not open on Saturday even though it says on their website.

Later, I called again to check if myFICO can do anything as I wasn’t able to reach them on a Saturday to do cancelation in time. Second customer service told me that we are actually open on Saturday and offered me a promotion for paying $9.99 instead. She didn’t mentioned about minimum 6 month period for this promotion. Another friend , who fell into same trap from myFICO told me about minimum 6 months sign-up. I called 3rd time on same day and asked 2nd customer service agent didn’t mention the 6 months clause.

3rd representative finally scheduled my cancellation after 3 months. So my point is- if your product is really good, let customer come back to your on their own. Don’t charge them by setting these tricky conditions, cycle of phone calls for cancellation, tricky promotions etc. It will only discourage people to recommend myFICO to others. Based on current experience, I’m going to tell everyone to stay away from myFICO and try others.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free triall to tricky promotions?

I fell into the trap of the 10 day trial subscription as well and I too tried to cancel the subscription within the 10 days and their cancellation request would not work/ did not accept my password nor my username. When I contacted customer service, they said they can't cancel the subscription due to fact that they never received any notification through email of my intent to cancel. THEY NEVER RECEIVED NOTIFICATION BECAUSE THEIR CANCELLATION PROCESS THROUGH EMAIL DOESN'T WORK AND THIS IS HOW THEY SCAM YOU. Due to their refusal to refund my money after pleading my case, I am filing a dispute through my bank in an attempt to collect the money that doesn't belong to them. MY RECOMMENATION: DON'T PLACE AN ORDER W/ THIS COMPANY, AWFULL,TERRIBLE SERVICE!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.