Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen reports, can i still get a FICO?

tag
Smug
Established Contributor

Frozen reports, can i still get a FICO?

All my reports are frozen, can i still order a FICO?
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Frozen reports, can i still get a FICO?

Most of the time no. You MIGHT have some luck with the CRAs themselves, depending on what product you're trying to buy.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 10
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

You can still pull your own credit report when you have a freeze. All 3 of mine are frozen and I still get my Fico reports and scores here. 

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Like Chaos stated.

I wondered about this too before freezing, but after the freeze, all my FICO features including alerts work as usual.   The freeze doesn't really block you or those you have active (in some for or other)  accounts with, from looking at your report.  Mostly blocks new applications sometimes other attempts being they have to have a "PIN" number to access if you don't just lift the freeze temporarily.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

I have an active freeze on all 3 and still get my PSECU,DCU and Wally fico's

Message 5 of 10
Smug
Established Contributor

my Walmart fico does not work
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Most of the time no. You MIGHT have some luck with the CRAs themselves, depending on what product you're trying to buy.

This is incorrect. You will be able to pull your reports here at myFICO with freezes on your reports.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Smug wrote:
my Walmart fico does not work

You have to remove the freeze and re-enroll with paperless statements. You can re-freeze after it gets your score. Wally FICO is a little iffy with freezes sometimes but works for the most part. Their website can be glitchy.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Hmm did you guys sign up, and then freeze?

My files are frozen except for TU and I can't pull anything except from experian directly using the dispute feature. Even those experian monthly services won't work for me.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

So apparently a freeze will prevent creditors from viewing your report but will let credit monitoring services slide?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.