Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garbage in - Garbage out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Garbage in - Garbage out?

I just signed up for Score Watch. My initial report (using Equifax data) on 5/5/07 listed a lot of accounts -- all mine, including 18 open accounts and 20 closed accounts, and a score of 745. On 5/10 I got a notice that my score had improved to 755 because, surprisingly, I had an inquiry. On 5/12/07 I query for my latest score (I've received no further alerts) and its up to 778. But the real surprise is now Equifax shows only 3 open accounts (and they're all actually inactive!) and 17 closed -- again all mine. Curiously, it also shows me with 45 years of credit history, although I'm not (yet) 45. Its as if I have credit files in parallel universes, though I'm tied to only one SSN.  In the alert I did also get a "name change" but it was only to switch from my first name to my middle name, which I more commonly use -- the 5/5/07 Equifax credit report had all the variations accurately listed. 

Any thoughts on how this can be / how to sort it out / or as long as my score is over 750 not to worry about it?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garbage in - Garbage out?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Garbage is too mild a word. I wrote Equifax regarding an error on an account that is noted on my FICO report FROM EQUIFAX DATA. Equifax wrote me back (two identical but separate letters, mind you) telling me that they had no record of me ever having credit. These guys may be even worse than the bureaucrats that want to regulate them.
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Your score is superb. Nothing to fix here. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.