Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geez...c'mon myFico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geez...c'mon myFico

I struggled for the last 9 months to get my 618 Experian score up to 733. I pay you guys 20 / month to report things right. Today, I sign in and see my Experian dashboard number back at 618 with a note that the "last update" was September, 2014. I know its not correct since its currently reporting 733 on Credit Sesame, which is also from Experian. I hope its just a glitch.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Geez...c'mon myFico

could be a glitch but those sites like sesame are not your real scores. 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico, fako, whatever, its still wrong.

I called CS, they acknowledge there is a glitch, supposed to be fixed within 72 hours.

we will see...

Side issue though, I just found out that Credit Sesame is not Experian. But my Chase Slate has Experian scores and its in the mid 700's.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Side issue though, I just found out that Credit Sesame is not Experian. But my Chase Slate has Experian scores and its in the mid 700's.

Are you sure that it's actually a FICO score from Experian that Chase is showing you? Lots of monitor services on sites provide the Vantage score instead of the FICO score. I fail to understand why they had to introduce such confusion by creating other scoring systems that use different calculations and have different scales. Why couldn't they stick with the FICO strandard? You can't know what lenders are seeing when you're not able to look at the same data that they're looking at. Some folks are even convinced that their higher Vantage scores are one and the same as FICO 8 scores. In my opinion, whomever created the alternate scoring systems just messed things up for a lot of people. I have no idea what point there could be in doing such a thing Smiley Frustrated 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

From Chase Slate:

Your FICO Score and Credit Dashboard are for your educational purposes and based on data from Experian. The score we provide is FICO Score 8 and may differ from other credit scores. Chase and other lenders may use different scores and other types of information in credit decisions. The information we provide is updated monthly and may not reflect the most current data on your credit report.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it's obviously a FICO 8 score then. And that tends to suggest that the myFICO.com credit score/report database is outdated and not updating properly. Since so many myFICO members seem to be reporting old FICO scores that appear to be stuck for long periods, my guess is that myFICO.com has been experiencing a major functionality glitch (and they may not know how to fix it).

I read a post from someone who says the myFICO customer service claims that their credit score/report data is "pushed" to myFICO.com by each credit bureau, as oposed to being "pulled" from each bureau by myFICO.com upon request. He points out that such data being "pushed" by the bureaus seems unlikely since they would need a way to know which of their hundreds of millions of individual credit records to "push" and when. And that's because it seems unlikely that they would "push" the entire humongous database of American consumer credit records to myFICO.com unnecessarily, considering that executing "pulls" of individual records from the bureaus only when they are requested would be far more efficient and utilize far less bandwidth. MyFICO.com obviously uses the "pull" method to acquire each new member's score/report record when they first join. I know this because I joined myFICO on June 10 and my Experian record showed the zero balance for a loan that I paid off the day before (on June 9).

So again, something seems seriously wrong with myFICO's record updating system. I very much hope they are able to repair it soon. If it's truly broken, it's virtually useless. It certainly appears to be broken at this point to me. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICOfink, good information, thanks.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome, jimmk001.

If anyone here has further information or thoughts about myFICO's seemingly stagnant credit report/record database, please reply here! I would think myFICO.com would want to resolve this issue very soon. At least I hope they do! 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: So after a week, I call back since my dashboard still remains unchanged since September 2014.

Customer Service gives me a promo code for a free Experian report so that it can force the update to my dashboard.

Promo code is not valid!!!

Smiley Mad

The saga continues.....

Message 9 of 16
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

I, for one, am hoping that MyFico is right on track!  Smiley Happy  See my latest scores below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.