cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP... Lost -52 points because of SallieMae....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP... Lost -52 points because of SallieMae....

Ok, SallieMae messed me over greatly along with everyone else when they recoded our accounts with bogus info. Well I understand that they were supposed to have changed it and I also disputed just to make sure that it was updated. Well today I get an alert that I got 41 of the 52 points back. WTF is that about. I want my total points that I lost back. Nothing has changed. I still pay my account with autopayment, they only posted a declaratory statement. Can I do anything about this? Who do I contact? Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: HELP... Lost -52 points because of SallieMae....

ddivaqt wrote:
Ok, SallieMae messed me over greatly along with everyone else when they recoded our accounts with bogus info. Well I understand that they were supposed to have changed it and I also disputed just to make sure that it was updated. Well today I get an alert that I got 41 of the 52 points back. WTF is that about. I want my total points that I lost back. Nothing has changed. I still pay my account with autopayment, they only posted a declaratory statement. Can I do anything about this? Who do I contact? Thanks!

Hi ddivaqt,

Have you pulled a new report since you got that alert?  Perhaps a balance increased on a credit card?  In some cases Sallie Mae accounts have been duplicated, which could have also affected your score.

If you don't have any additional Equifax reports left in your Score Watch (assuming it was SW that alerted you and that it was an EFX report) try calling the myFICO customer service call center and they may give you a free report if you ask for it.  If you're not a SW subscriber, I still recommend getting a new report one way or another.

Let us know what happens, OK?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I have checked my reports with EQ almost daily, as I have the Gold Watch and another service with them that allows me to pull my reports without charge. I had two notices from SW one with a decrease of 13 points because of an increase of my Amex balance and a new credit card additional, then I received the 52 pt hit from SM - that is what the SW notice said. When I got the notice that SM had been changed I only got 41 points of the 52 back. It is too early for my Amex accounts to report, but I paid one off and the other is below 5%, so I will get part of the 13 points back hopefully. My concern is the points specifically taken with the SM hit.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

ddivaqt wrote:
Barry,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I have checked my reports with EQ almost daily, as I have the Gold Watch and another service with them that allows me to pull my reports without charge. I had two notices from SW one with a decrease of 13 points because of an increase of my Amex balance and a new credit card additional, then I received the 52 pt hit from SM - that is what the SW notice said. When I got the notice that SM had been changed I only got 41 points of the 52 back. It is too early for my Amex accounts to report, but I paid one off and the other is below 5%, so I will get part of the 13 points back hopefully. My concern is the points specifically taken with the SM hit.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

At this point you got me stumped, ddivaqt.  Smiley Mad

Keep in mind that each time a FICO score is requested the formula calculates your score based on the info in your report at that point in time, so it's not like the score actually takes away points or gives you points back.  I have no doubt that the score is calculating what's currently in your report accurately, so I'm thinking there must have been some other change to your report between the date of your new card alert (if that was the one you received just prior to the SM drop) and the SM alert showing the 52 point drop.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.