Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help needed

Hi,

I am new to MyFico. It is a great site. I am trying to get my FICO score but get hung up on the verification stage. I am instructed to call and when I do they are unable to verify me. I called TU as instructed and updated info. Still no luck. I cannot even buy a TU report cause of the verification issue there also. I was able to get a Equifax and Experian report through Annualcreditreport.com

Now what? I need to get my Fico scores as my Chapter 7 was discharged on 4/13/2011 and I need to start rebuilding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help needed

Sounds like there's an issue with TU as opposed to myFICO.

If I had that happen, I would call TU again and ask why they cannot verify me and then ask what I needed to do to prove who I say I was. It may take a letter with copies of bills to show residency and ID.  I'd also try pulling your TU report from a different source. Some credit monitoring services allow you to get your TU report without having to go through TransUnion. If there's a verification issue, you may not be able to get that report or subscribe, but there might be a chance they'd provide the report based on the info you inputed for all 3 (assuming that CMS pulls all 3....e.g. creditchecktotal). Next I would look at my EQ and EX reports too (you can get your EQ FICO from here, and annualcreditreport is a good first start). I would look for any info that might be indicative of ID theft. Maybe there's an account reporting to TU only that resulted in a different current address, and therefore they couldn't verify. Finally, if everything failed, then I'd look to see if your state has a consumer protection office and sometimes a govt agency can get the ball rolling to vouch for any identity issues.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help needed

Thanks! At least I know where to start looking.

Have a good day!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.