Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible customer service experience

tag
Brion182
New Visitor

Horrible customer service experience

Last night I called to cancel my subscription and let me tell you what a nightmare that was and a waist of my valuable time. First you must have to go through a 'weeding-out' process of waiting on hold forever to speak to a CSR I'm sure this was intentional. Then the CSR told me I can't cancel until they bill me for another two months, long story short I spoke to a supervisor, after a long period on hold and he was no help and was very rude so I wanted to speak to his boss and of course he wasn't in and said I have to call during the next day and go through that whole process again. 

I want to cancel because I just read in the latest issue of Consumer Reports that myFico is a waste of money and most lenders use different criteria of evaluating credit scores that are not base on your "Fico" score. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
hackster
New Visitor

Re: Horrible customer service experience

Wow. I wish I'd read your post before I signed up.  At least I know what to expect when I call tomorrow.  Again... just like cable TV. 

If they try that with me, though, they'll find out I'm not one to put up with it until I finally give up and pay.  They get one phone call from me.  Then, it's a cancel letter, certified with return receipt, copied to my state's (and theirs) Attorney General and Consumer Affairs department, the Federal Trade Commission, and my credit card issuer.

Bastards.

Message 2 of 6
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@Brion182 wrote:

Last night I called to cancel my subscription and let me tell you what a nightmare that was and a waist of my valuable time. First you must have to go through a 'weeding-out' process of waiting on hold forever to speak to a CSR I'm sure this was intentional. Then the CSR told me I can't cancel until they bill me for another two months, long story short I spoke to a supervisor, after a long period on hold and he was no help and was very rude so I wanted to speak to his boss and of course he wasn't in and said I have to call during the next day and go through that whole process again. 

I want to cancel because I just read in the latest issue of Consumer Reports that myFico is a waste of money and most lenders use different criteria of evaluating credit scores that are not base on your "Fico" score. 

Did you recently sign-up within the past month? If so, then yes, you are billed for three months. However, it doesn't explain the customer service you experienced.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
pbflyer

I was a long time satisfied customer until the past 7 months or so.  There should be an online process for cancels. My solution. Contact your bank and put a stop pay on debits if that is how you are paying.  Trust me just went through a mortgage process and free credit karma was closer to what my lender pulled.  I am out of here finally

Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Brion182 wrote:

I want to cancel because I just read in the latest issue of Consumer Reports that myFico is a waste of money and most lenders use different criteria of evaluating credit scores that are not base on your "Fico" score

myFICO doesn't cost a penny unless you purchase their scores.  And no, 90% of lenders use some sort of FICO score.

Message 5 of 6
axxy
Regular Contributor

What is everyone trying to cancel?  Score Watch?  Or what?  Isn't Score Watch easy to cancel online?  Someone who's cancelled it recently should post instructions here, so everyone will know how easy it is.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.