cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How About an Alert When Balances DEcrease?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How About an Alert When Balances DEcrease?

For those of us who are trying to raise our credit scores through decreasing our utilization, an Alert option when a credit card balance DECREASES would be most helpful.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How About an Alert When Balances DEcrease?

Also, alerts when accounts are removed (and not just when they're added), especially derogatory accounts.
Message 2 of 5
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

I like that idea, too!
Message 3 of 5
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Here, here!
Message 4 of 5
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Barry, Barry, do you know what would be really helpful?  It would be so utterly helpful if you guys would place some sort of trigger into your system that would alert you of new/recent activity on a paid and closed account, so that a history of recent activity on that old, closed and paid account wouldn't be generated.  I have had this problem, for years, with an old, 2003 DOLA, paid charge off from Sun Trust Bank.  It isn't enough that the account reads 0 balance, nor that it reads "Paid charge off,"  If new activity appears, as is depicted in the details/account activity,  the old charge off is made current, and it is always reflected in the credit score, and is included in the explanations as to why the score dropped, as in  too recent derrorgatory/collection/chargeoff, late payments, etc.  I haven't missed a payment on anything for the past three plus years.  Have always paid on time and as agreed, and yet the system tells me I have, in the details as to why my score dropped, and it's always this Sun Trust old charge off.

Thanks. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.