Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Exactly Should Score Watch Work???

tag
angelita1212
Valued Member

How Exactly Should Score Watch Work???

I have had ScoreWatch since July, and I have only received a few updates when one of my CC balances has changed. But, for a while, I have been receiving no emails about anything from ScoreWatch. Now, I know for a fact that I have had a judgement removed from my Equifax report, but there is no ScoreWatch alert to be seen!

Am I confused? Should'nt I be receiving an alert that a public record has changed/disappeared?

Thanks!

Don't mind my in progress signature....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How Exactly Should Score Watch Work???

Based on the SW Guide, you should get alerted to any change to the PR, but like with any reported TL, SW won't alert you if it dropped. Now SW will monitor your score every 7-10 days for changes. If that score change was a change thst passed your target score, in either direction, then you'd get alerted to the score change only. For best practice, always immediately set your target score to exactly match your current score. That way if your score changes, up or dowm, then you'd get alerted, then reset once again to that score. If your target score is too high, then you won't get alerted as a score alert until you hit that target. Conversely, you won't get a score alert at all if your target is set too low (unless your score drops). If your target score is mis-set, you'd still get alerts if something updated on your report and that something caused that score change.

Message 2 of 7
angelita1212
Valued Member

Thanks llecs!

I have my alerts set to my current score, so hopefully getting this judgement removed will gain me some points!

Don't mind my in progress signature....

Message 3 of 7
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Hi, I just ordered the eq score watch on friday 1/13.  My score went up by atleast 8 points on sat. 1/14.  I have not seen an alert for myfico.  How long does it take for myfico to get me the update?

I did check my spam and there was nothing there.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JusdoNit wrote:

Hi, I just ordered the eq score watch on friday 1/13.  My score went up by atleast 8 points on sat. 1/14.  I have not seen an alert for myfico.  How long does it take for myfico to get me the update?

I did check my spam and there was nothing there.

Do you have your "Target" score set to your exact current EQ FICO?

If not, I suggest you set it that way.

Log into SW and across the top of the page you will see several tabs, the very last tab is your "Settings" click that and the very first alert setting is your target score, set it to your exact current EQ FICO, not to the 8 point you said you gaind, set it to what SW says your score is currently.

It might take 7-10 days to get an alert, it may come sooner, but if you had your target score set too high you may have missed the alert.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

And what's the source of knowledge for the 8 points? Lender? Another EQ FICO report pull from myFICO?

Message 6 of 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I got an alert from Dec 14th a few days ago, LOL! Been waiting for it to catch up with USAA so I can update a new FICO score. Expecting a change due to a CLI increase and paid down card finally reporting.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.