Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see why my score went up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I see why my score went up?

When I re-joined Myfico in Sept '10, my score was 599. I got an alert that my score went up to 606. I have been working hard to have 2 incorrect collection accounts removed. Yesterday I got an alert that my score went up to 651 Smiley Very Happy , I just want to see what it was specifically that caused it to go up. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How can I see why my score went up?

@Anonymous wrote:

When I re-joined Myfico in Sept '10, my score was 599. I got an alert that my score went up to 606. I have been working hard to have 2 incorrect collection accounts removed. Yesterday I got an alert that my score went up to 651 Smiley Very Happy , I just want to see what it was specifically that caused it to go up. Thanks

Congrats on the increases!

Whenever you get an alert, SW will notify you, in very broad and general terms, what happened. Unfortunately, it won't alert you to everything as you know like decreased balances or dropped baddies. You can order a new EQ FICO report. As some point, you'll have access to the 2nd free report, but I think that comes after 3 months of paying monthly. Otherwise, you can purchase a new report ($5 off as a SW subscriber) and you can see those changes in detail.

What I suggest doing, if you are actively engaged in rebuilding your credit, is to keep SW (I use it all the time for DW and myself) and consider subscribing to a CMS that allows you to pull all 3 CRs. Aside from SW, I also use creditchecktotal. CCT allows me to pull all 3 reports daily. If I see a change in SW, then I can go into CCT and see if there are any missing accounts, dropped baddies, improved util, and so forth. Conversely, CCT allows you to pull everyday and as I see changes there, I pull a new FICO report as opposed to waiting for an alert and I can see the FICO change. CCT offers scores, but they are not FICO score, FYI. If you don't need to pull daily, there are other services out there that gives you the change to pull monthly, quarterly, and so on.

BTW, if you don't want to spend any money at all, you could order EQ for free via annualcreditreport.com, though that's only a 1x/yr shot.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I get credit check total from? How much?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the creditchecktotal. It looks like 1 of the 2 collection accounts was removed. It also gives you " Power scores" Are those FAKO or real? It does say that my Equifax score is 651 which matches what my Score alert says. The other score given were Ex 576 and Trans 593 so I guess I still have work to do.

Message 4 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Those are FAKO scores.

By chance if the scores are the same as a FICO score is just that, a chance! 

Just ignore all the scores. The reporting information is all you should be looking at.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto. Ignore the scores and advice offered via CCT. The credit report info is great though for tracking what's on and what's off your CRs.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.