cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change MyFICO billing credit card?

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

How do I change MyFICO billing credit card?

Well...This is the credit card forum after all!

I cannot for the life of me find how or where to change the credit card that MyFICO bills to.

I did a PC on the credit card that is set-up for MyFICO and have activated the new card so I need to change the card information. Support gives the wrong information. The payment preferances link doesn't exist like they shown in the FAQ.

Any ideas?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do I change MyFICO billing credit card?

I went to my subscriptions in my member center last time. There was an option to change the payment to another card.
Message 2 of 8
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I just had this. You have to call. I think the payment preference disappears when you are in a trial period or in a 3 month required period.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 3 of 8
melbaro
New Contributor

How ironic...I am in the same boat. I thought I noticed a link the other day on my work computer, but I didn't have the card with me. I've been trying with IE, FireFox, and Chrome with no success tonight though.

Message 4 of 8
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Well, I guess I won't be around much longer Smiley Sad

I don't agree with these types of business practices and don't do business with companies that do this to their customers.

There is no good reason for this practice. MyFICO must not believe in their own product and make it as difficult as they can for their customers to cancel their service. In my case they are loosing someone that loves their product and they are losing me because of their shady business practices.

All I am trying to do is switch credit cards because the card they will be charging against doesn't exist anymore. Why make that difficult? Am I not seeing something besides cold corporate greed? What am I missing?

Message 5 of 8
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I have a prepaid GreenDot Visa debit card and MyFico will not accept it. Since turning down revenue isn't a typical sign of greed I would just chalk all this up to incompetence.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 6 of 8
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Jamie...I can tell you if they try and charge the card and it won't go thru they will send you an email about updating payment.i can't recall for certain but I think at that point you can update it online.
I do hate the inconsistencies. I despise speaking on the phone and in this day and age it should not be required for these matters.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 7 of 8
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@mountainmom wrote:
Jamie...I can tell you if they try and charge the card and it won't go thru they will send you an email about updating payment.i can't recall for certain but I think at that point you can update it online.
I do hate the inconsistencies. I despise speaking on the phone and in this day and age it should not be required for these matters.

I think I might call them on Monday during business hours. (See...Inconveniencing me to keep my business?!)(Who does that?)

I will threaten to cancel my subscription and see what kind of freebies they respond with. That is typically the way this works with people that use these low down business practices. They want one more shot at talking you into keeping the service and will do anything to keep you.

If they're gonna make me call, I'm gonna make them squirm!

Or...I might just end up canceling. (No freebies!)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.