cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the credit report number from purchases on myFICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get the credit report number from purchases on myFICO?

I just ordered my 3 cr's  and need the credit report number from EX to call them.

Where  can  I  find this report number?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: How do I get the credit report number from purchases on myFICO?

busywoman wrote:
I just ordered my 3 cr's  and need the credit report number from EX to call them.

Your Experian credit report number is on the Personal Information page when you go through the online dispute process for Experian. 
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Barry. Time to put my glasses on.....
Message 3 of 6
mazinaige
Regular Contributor

@Barry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your Experian credit report number is on the Personal Information page when you go through the online dispute process for Experian. 

I have the same problem, I cannot access the Personal Information page through the online dispute process with Experian. I am trying to correct my current address. Experian reports my current mailing address in Canada but does not provide a place to input that in the verification form. The drop down window only offers US states, therefore I cannot access the online dispute. I would like to mail them to update my current US address but I do not have a report number. How do I find this without having to order and wait for a free credit report?

FICO® TU: 703 8/07/2015, EQ: 716 8/07/2015
Message 4 of 6
mazinaige
Regular Contributor

Experian online dispute form says:

"We are unable to allow access to our online dispute service at this time. You must have a current copy of your personal credit report in order to dispute information.

If you recently obtained an Experian credit review from another company, then you may want to try your dispute later. Our system does not yet recognize your order.

If you have not obtained a copy of your personal credit report, you may call 1 800 204 1410 to order your report through our automated service. If you are entitled under state or federal law, your report may be free."

FICO® TU: 703 8/07/2015, EQ: 716 8/07/2015
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Mazinaige, you'd have to order a copy I'm afraid. Other than annualcreditreport.com, you can also get a free copy if your have a CMS offered via EX like CCT or FCR. Click "dispute". Don't dispute, but go through the motions and they will provide you a free copy of your EX report with report number and all.

Another option, allowed by the FCRA, is if you were denied for credit on EX within the past 60 days, you can get a free copy.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.