Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often can I pull a credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often can I pull a credit report?

I am a subscriber for the 3 bureau monitoring service. I went to pull another report and it says I get 20% discount for pulling reports since I'm a subscriber.

What's the point of paying $25/month to see your report if you still have to pay $40 for a report? Can someone explain how this works?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often can I pull a credit report?

I'd love an answer as well myFICO, we should be able to pull a report at least once a month, NOT once a year. 

Please answer this question myFICO. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

For this price we should be able to get an updated report with every score. Isn't that what EX offers now?

Message 3 of 8
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

Wait I thought we could pull a credit report once a month???
2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can pull a credit report anytime you like as long as your willing to pay for it. With the monitoring service the actual reports will NEVER update beyond the first day. One more time, with 3B the actual reports NEVER update unless you pay for additional reports alongside the service. You would think they would allow a refresh at least once a month but nope. All you get is updated alerts and scores which means the score simulator is worthless after day one, if it has any worth to begin with.

I stick to pulling my reports directly from the bureau websites for free to monitor changes. EQ and EX let you pull as often as you like as long as you have an order or confirmation number. TU is a bit picky. Once a month is all they allow for free.

For scores there are a few cards that offer monthly FICOS free (not FAKOS). Discover and Barclay give me TU scores, Slate gives me EX score + detailed report.

Don't think I'll be giving anymore money to myFICO in the future.
Message 5 of 8
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You can pull a credit report anytime you like as long as your willing to pay for it. With the monitoring service the actual reports will NEVER update beyond the first day. One more time, with 3B the actual reports NEVER update unless you pay for additional reports alongside the service. You would think they would allow a refresh at least once a month but nope. All you get is updated alerts and scores which means the score simulator is worthless after day one, if it has any worth to begin with.

I stick to pulling my reports directly from the bureau websites for free to monitor changes. EQ and EX let you pull as often as you like as long as you have an order or confirmation number. TU is a bit picky. Once a month is all they allow for free.

For scores there are a few cards that offer monthly FICOS free (not FAKOS). Discover and Barclay give me TU scores, Slate gives me EX score + detailed report.

Don't think I'll be giving anymore money to myFICO in the future.

Thanks Heavenly Flower... Can you elaborate how you get free reports from each of the 3 bureaus monthly?

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For this price we should be able to get an updated report with every score. Isn't that what EX offers now?

Experian Credit Tracker is fantastic and reasonably priced at around $9.95 per month (after negotiating discount when cancelling 30 day $4.95 trial). Can pull EX report and updated FICO 8 score (it's the real deal; same as here) daily...

Combine that with free CreditKarma for EQ and TU weekly reports (scores shown are junk, so don't rely on for anything important) and Credit Sesame for fast alerts for HPs / new accounts added, that covers most of it for much less.

If MyFICO offered daily report pulls and score updates (instead of having to rely on alerts which miss many things; causes much confusion) with their 3 bureau service, that would be an instant winner. I must assume that MyFICO knows this, but, presumably, earns more money from subscribers paying again and again for updated reports than those who don't sign up and those who cancel / don't renew.

Those additional reports, even at 20% or whatever off, adds up to huge bucks. Long as many subscribers continue buying additional reports, MyFICO likely won't change 1 report per year limitation. A way around it is to cancel the 3 bureau service and then renew, but that's an expensive and time consuming way around the issue.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The info also doesn't update in the Score Simulator, so when we pay down debt and want to track that progress you're left looking at your original score and original debt. Really decpetive of myFICO. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.