cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does the regular scorewatch (Equifax score) update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often does the regular scorewatch (Equifax score) update?

So how often does your scorewatch update? I set it just now to the most-paranoid level of settings (alert if there is any change, my goal score is one point above my current score.) That number will update as things change, and I don't need to buy a power report or an Equifax score to see the change, right? Also, is the number that updates actually from Equifax or just an estimate? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often does the regular scorewatch (Equifax score) update?

MFSW gives you a true EQ FICO score. It only updates when something changes. Scores are snapshots. Credit reports are the motion picture. See the movie.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is it that I do the score watch, assuming the score its providing me is my true score, then when I go to purchase a new score, its jumped 40 points?
Message 3 of 8
Madison
Regular Contributor

Is ScoreWatch Asleep at the switch?

ScoreWatch never alerted me to an increase in my FICO score. I only found out after I applied for my second free credit report did it show that my credit scored jumped up 7 points. I am leary about buying a ScoreWatch product if it does alert me to changes in my FICO score...What is the deal with that?
Message 4 of 8
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: Is ScoreWatch Asleep at the switch?

I was baffled as well, until I ran across the ScoreWatch Alert guide under the support tab.  Barry has a sticky to this at the top of the forum posts. 

It furnishes the following explanation for the sleeping giant Smiley Wink :

• Equifax FICO scores are monitored for changes in two ways:

1.       If a Credit Alert is triggered, the latest score is always shown on that alert.

2.       When no Credit Alerts are triggered, the scores are monitored every 7-10 days for changes.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to someone in customer service today since my score hadn't been updated since 9/26. I didn't even have the message in the history that there had been no changes.

She said that I had to have all of the alert triggers on in order for it to work properly.

If you aren't getting updates every 7-10 days like MyFICO indicates, you may want to check your settings.

Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This is completely weird, but set your target score to where it is right now. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me, but that's what I've been told by customer service and by others as well.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

That 'may' work.  I set mine to notify me when:

Send an alert... On for all of these

Whenever there is any change to my FICO® score

Whenever your FICO® score of 573 reaches a target score of  573

Whenever one of your accounts has a balance increase larger than 5%

Whenever one of your accounts has a balance increase larger than $ 150

Whenever one of your accounts shows new activity after being inactive for more than 3

And it took 16 days between my last full CR pull and my last SW alert.  (so much for the "no change" message that we're suppose to get every 10 days)

11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.