cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often should you expect an update on Score Watch?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Not trying to beat a dead horse...

+1

The way I heard it explained is that in order to trigger an alert, the new score would have to "cross" the target score, and "cross" includes moving away from the target score in either direction.

So that's why you set your target to your newest score, the moment that you get it. Whether your score then goes up or down, it "crosses" the edge (so to speak) of the target score.

Other than a few times when SW just went belly-up for nearly everyone, this tactic has always worked for me.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
honky
Regular Contributor

Re: Not trying to beat a dead horse...

I havent been waiting very long, but did just receive an email saying no alerts.  I was expecting something to change as I GWd an account and it is showing that it was removed thru another website. 

I was out of the state when I got my last change in score and was not able to update my settings until the following day.  Could that be why I had no alert?  If the score already moved off 648 by the time I was able to log in...then my setting of 648 will not trigger an alert will it?

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.