cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just ordered My FICO Credit Report, put in my SS#, and My Wife's Credit Report came up??? HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ordered My FICO Credit Report, put in my SS#, and My Wife's Credit Report came up??? HELP

Hello, I am not sure if I am posting at the right place, but I just now paid for a FICO Credit report, and when I submitted my Social Security Number, my wife came up in the report, not me!?? What is that all about?? Her score, no offense to my wife, is TERRIBLE, and I am worried lenders are looking at her's when they enter my SSN. Is this normal> I wouldn't think it would be, and trust me, I did not put her number down by mistake! What is going on? Any help would be appreciated!

[edited by admin to remove full name]

Message Edited by Barry on 05-27-2009 05:39 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I just ordered My FICO Credit Report, put in my SS#, and My Wife's Credit Report came up??? HELP

Is it possible that you logged in under your wife's account by accident? I've done that many a time. I would log in and suddenly see that my TU FICO is a whole lot higher than I remember it, only to realize that it is my wife's and I logged in under her account. Same applies to this forum where I would log in and notice that my settings are totally different, again to realize that it is my DW's.

One way to quickly check is to click your profile name within this thread and see if it is your name within the profile name. You'll see info nobody else can see and be able to tell quickly who's name you are logged in under.

BTW, both you and your DW would have to have seperate profiles/accounts.
Message 2 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: I just ordered My FICO Credit Report, put in my SS#, and My Wife's Credit Report came up??? HELP

I checked with myFICO Customer Service and it appears they have been in touch with you and this has been straightened out. Let us know if not, proudparent78. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me as well, I was setting up an account for my sister and my credit report popped up? I didnt log in my name by accident. We are twins with the same birthdate, but that was the only similarity. I used my cc to do it. 
Message 4 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

lexxpoke wrote:
This happened to me as well, I was setting up an account for my sister and my credit report popped up? I didnt log in my name by accident. We are twins with the same birthdate, but that was the only similarity. I used my cc to do it. 
First, let's hope that you were simply helping her order her report, since ordering someone else's credit report is illegal. Smiley Happy Now, some questions: 1) Is your twin sister's first name similar to yours? 2) Did you get your SSNs at the same time? 3) Have you both used the same billing address at one time or another?

These are all things that can cause your credit files to be mixed at the credit bureaus if they're very similar. That is, when you order from myFICO, we send your ID information to the bureau for them to match it with your credit information. They match on name, address, SSN, birthday. In your case, it sounds like the similarities in this information between you and your sister are close enough that the bureau delivered your sister's report to myFICO instead of yours.

My suggestions: 1) contact myFICO customer care to advise them of this situation so they can lock the account to prevent any additional such mix-ups at myFICO, and you should receive a refund; 2) order all 3 of your credit reports from www.annualcreditreport.com and file disputes with the bureaus if you receive your sister's information; 3) when ordering your credit report, be sure to include any current or previous addresses that are unique to you. Regardless of the cause, the bureaus should be able to separate your information in their systems. Good luck!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there are alot of similarities between us, we are twins. (I didn't really think about how similar until we started comparing.)  I was "helping" her look at her credit. She doesnt have a computer or a cc. The only difference between our socials are the last 2 numbers. (we just realized this after 27yrs!) Our names are basically the same. (alexis & alex) It still is unnerving that my report popped up for her. What if a stranger has similar things to me as well? The addresses that we used are not the same at all, nor have they been since highschool(10yrs ago). Sorry it took so long to respond, I'm hardly ever in "feedback" section. The thing about it being from "the credit bureau's" does'nt make since because none of her accounts or addresses are on my credit reports. I figure it come from Myfico because we used the same cc number? I will contact customer service and let them know the situation. Thank you for responding.
Message Edited by lexxpoke on 09-19-2009 02:52 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered and paid for EQ and TU credit reports.  Both stale and could not be used for disputes.  I received a credit from myFICO.  Also my Quarterly Monitoring is due.  Customer care says "we're having problems"  No kidding!  Was told to try around noon.  Its waaaaay past noon and no report. HASN'T SHOWN UP.  I've been saying for some time that this entire credit thing is the greatest ponzi scheme ever!  The consumer is kept completely in the dark, required to PAY to gain access to their credit report and even subscribing to the company that started all of this and we're still getting wrong reports, credit activities that show up as alerts days/week later FROM THEM.  I wonder just how secure our information really is based on the Credit Reporting industries constant reminders to us that they can't handle our info? 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.