cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not getting my ALERTS!!!!

tag
lannette14

Re: I'm not getting my ALERTS!!!!

I'm in the same boat, haven't received any EQ alerts since the 3rd!!! I know that some baddies have been deleted because when I pulled my credit report from another site, they were gone.  Yes I have a score power to use, but I waiting to use that when I know the last of them are gone.  Paying off these account doesn't leave much more money to keep buying reports when what I pay for is supposed to update my score for me. And yes, my current score IS set to my target score.....still no changes.  Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: EX 548 EQ 565 TU 515 (1/19/11)
Current Score: EX ? EQ 637 TU 625
Goal Score: ALL ABOVE 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@lannette14 wrote:

I'm in the same boat, haven't received any EQ alerts since the 3rd!!! I know that some baddies have been deleted because when I pulled my credit report from another site, they were gone.  Yes I have a score power to use, but I waiting to use that when I know the last of them are gone.  Paying off these account doesn't leave much more money to keep buying reports when what I pay for is supposed to update my score for me. And yes, my current score IS set to my target score.....still no changes.  Smiley Indifferent

Hi lannette,

Just so you know, Score Watch doesn't alert you when items are removed from your credit file.  And you shouldn't assume that deleting baddies will immediately raise your score.  Congrats on getting the baddies removed!

-Barry

Message 12 of 20
lannette14

Thanks, and I am aware of that, but I also paid down a substantial amount on my credit cards, about $2000 in the last few weeks....taking eveything in me not to pull my remaining report, waiting to use that right before we apply for our mortgage

Starting Score: EX 548 EQ 565 TU 515 (1/19/11)
Current Score: EX ? EQ 637 TU 625
Goal Score: ALL ABOVE 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 20
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@lannette14 wrote:

Thanks, and I am aware of that, but I also paid down a substantial amount on my credit cards, about $2000 in the last few weeks....taking eveything in me not to pull my remaining report, waiting to use that right before we apply for our mortgage

Understood.  Nice job paying down those cards!  Also keep in mind that it can take 7-10 days to receive a score change alert once your target score has been hit, so you simply may not have received your alert yet.  That said, we've added a report to your SW account so you can check on it and still have one more to pull prior to your mortgage application.

-Barry

Message 14 of 20
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

I'm in this SAME boat, I hadn't gotten a ScoreWatch alert since January 22ish..., Come to find out my card on file had expired, no warning emails like i got from everywhere else.  The rep said, yep i where they went out.  Then once that was handled got my score on 3/15 prior to that I paid off 3 collection accounts, no alert.  Pulled my report from another site and my score INDEED had changed.  I had to use my 1 Score Power to see that I'd gone up by 10pts......Tell me why I'm paying for score watch and it's not watching for me.............?

Message 15 of 20
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@mrmagic9799 wrote:

I'm in this SAME boat, I hadn't gotten a ScoreWatch alert since January 22ish..., Come to find out my card on file had expired, no warning emails like i got from everywhere else.  The rep said, yep i where they went out.  Then once that was handled got my score on 3/15 prior to that I paid off 3 collection accounts, no alert.  Pulled my report from another site and my score INDEED had changed.  I had to use my 1 Score Power to see that I'd gone up by 10pts......Tell me why I'm paying for score watch and it's not watching for me.............?

Hi mrmagic9799,

Good to see that you paid those collections and your Score Watch is active again!

It's true that since re-enrolling on 3/15 after your subscription was canceled on 2/14 you haven't received any alerts.  But that's only a little more than a week without an alert after your Score Watch was inactive for a month -- which really isn't all that long. 

Your collections have not been updated to paid according to your 3/23 report, so it's not surprising that you weren't alerted there.  And you should set your target score to the one you received yesterday if you want to be alerted to your next score change.  Your current target score is well below your last known score.

You may want to read our Score Watch Guide for more info on what Score Watch does and doesn't do.  Hope that helps.  Good luck!

-Barry

Message 16 of 20
mzeke08

I am on the same boat. I am in the middle of buying a house and was told to do several things to raise my score and when they pulled my report my scores have gone up but my score watch has not reported anything.

Message 17 of 20
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

I don't have much debt but then again I don't have much money to spread around either BUT I have paid @ $1,200.00 in debt in the past 3 weeks but haven't gotten any alerts showing balances lowering.... Pulled my credit for nothing because it shows almost the same as the last. I really don't know if the SW is helping or just me wasting more money I can put towards other things! Smiley Sad Only alert I've gotten recently was to confirm disputes I'm processing..... AFTER I SPENT $$$ PULLING MY CR!!! UGH!!!!!

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 20
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@mzeke08 wrote:

I am on the same boat. I am in the middle of buying a house and was told to do several things to raise my score and when they pulled my report my scores have gone up but my score watch has not reported anything.

Welcome to the Forums, mzeke08!

Looks like you were alerted to a pretty substantial score increase on 3/27.  Congrats!

-Barry

Message 19 of 20
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

@I don't have much debt but then again I don't have much money to spread around either BUT I have paid @ $1,200.00 in debt in the past 3 weeks but haven't gotten any alerts showing balances lowering.... Pulled my credit for nothing because it shows almost the same as the last. I really don't know if the SW is helping or just me wasting more money I can put towards other things! Smiley Sad Only alert I've gotten recently was to confirm disputes I'm processing..... AFTER I SPENT $$$ PULLING MY CR!!! UGH!!!!!

Hi prolificjinx23,

Your frustration is certainly understandable, though you should feel good about reducing your debt by $1200.  Unfortunately, Score Watch is not set up to alert you to balance decreases.  If you haven't already, you may want to read our Score Watch Guide before shelling out any money for additional reports.

-Barry

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.