Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with my "Score Power"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help with my "Score Power"

I have a free score power report but when I try to get it, I receive a "700 error". After two phone calls to myfico, I was told that the problem was on Equifax's end and was given a number to call them direct.

According to Equifax, the only way they can help me is to pay for their service(have my scores pulled) to see what the problem is. I told them I already pay Myfico. They said then Myfico is responsible for getting me the report.

What do I do now that I'm stuck with a service that I paid for and doesn't work and a problem that isn't anyone responsibility? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: I need help with my "Score Power"

poorer wrote:

I have a free score power report but when I try to get it, I receive a "700 error". After two phone calls to myfico, I was told that the problem was on Equifax's end and was given a number to call them direct.

According to Equifax, the only way they can help me is to pay for their service(have my scores pulled) to see what the problem is. I told them I already pay Myfico. They said then Myfico is responsible for getting me the report.

What do I do now that I'm stuck with a service that I paid for and doesn't work and a problem that isn't anyone responsibility? 

After a little investigating, it appears that your credit file at EQ failed to meet the minimum scoring criteria that requires at least one account that's been reported by the lender to EQ within the past 6 months. When this happens, myFICO is unable to deliver either a report or score.

What I believe customer service was trying to tell you was to order a report only from EQ so you can verify that indeed there is no recently reported trade line. Unlike myFICO, they can provide you with a report that doesn't contain a score.

As for being compensated for your inability to obtain your second report/score through Score Watch, customer service will have to answer that question. I've referred your issue to myFICO customer service for resolution. Let us know if this doesn't get resolved to your satisfaction.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou Barry, very much.
Message Edited by poorer on 01-19-2010 08:53 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry, this was resolved, very much to my satisfaction. Thankyou again.

Message 4 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

poorer wrote:

Barry, this was resolved, very much to my satisfaction. Thankyou again.

Glad to hear it! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.