Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDFreeze product by myFICO

tag
jaramill
Established Member

IDFreeze product by myFICO

I'm curious about this product and I'm interested to hear any thoughts any myFICO users that have used it.  Is it worth it?  I thought about LifeLock but heard some negative things about it.  Would rather get a product like that through myFICO.  Rather be pre-emptive now than pay for it later (if it ever happens...knock on wood).

Thanks,
Gio

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: IDFreeze product by myFICO

jaramill wrote:

I'm curious about this product and I'm interested to hear any thoughts any myFICO users that have used it.  Is it worth it?  I thought about LifeLock but heard some negative things about it.  Would rather get a product like that through myFICO.  Rather be pre-emptive now than pay for it later (if it ever happens...knock on wood).

Thanks,
Gio

Hi Gio,

Since this product just came out recently there are probably not a lot of people who have had much experience with it yet.

Currently myFICO has a free trial offer going, so you may want to try it out with no obligation. Then you can report back to us about your experience with IDFreeze.  Smiley Happy

Here's more information: http://www.myfico.com/Products/IDFreeze/Description.aspx

Message 2 of 6
jaramill
Established Member

Hey Barry, I actually did read comparison reviews and some minor differences but I went with TrustedID.  I got it for $8/month for minimum of 3 months (with promotional code).  I do like that unlike LifeLock, they also check abuse on your medical insurance info which LifeLock does not.  But LifeLock does check for abuse on your driver's license and/or vehicle VIN numbers.  Also TrustedID has a new feature called Identity Theft Score which is number that indicates the likelihood of your identity being stolen.  0 being your safe, 500 being mostly like to get your ID stolen.

Will report back and let you know my experiences.

Gio

Message 3 of 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

jaramill wrote:

Hey Barry, I actually did read comparison reviews and some minor differences but I went with TrustedID.  I got it for $8/month for minimum of 3 months (with promotional code).  I do like that unlike LifeLock, they also check abuse on your medical insurance info which LifeLock does not.  But LifeLock does check for abuse on your driver's license and/or vehicle VIN numbers.  Also TrustedID has a new feature called Identity Theft Score which is number that indicates the likelihood of your identity being stolen.  0 being your safe, 500 being mostly like to get your ID stolen.

Gio

Yes, please do report back, jaramill. Then we can all learn together. And btw, TrustedID is the same company that produced IDFreeze for myFICO. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
jaramill
Established Member

@Barry wrote:

@jaramill wrote:

Gio

Yes, please do report back, jaramill. Then we can all learn together. And btw, TrustedID is the same company that produced IDFreeze for myFICO. Smiley Happy

And that's how I found out about IDFreeze....through myFICO.com as I was checking my credit scores and saw the link to IDFreeze.  As an aside note, I'm disappointed in Experian not offering their scores and when I bought it from them directly, I realized that it's THEIR score, the true FICO score.  Thus it's considered a FAKO one.  But at least it's a good gauge as the number (741) was inline with TransUnion and Equifax true FICO scores (769, 763).  Experian is mostly used by creditors here in California.  Headed toward the magical 800 barrier!  And IDFreeze will allow me or at least protect from people trying to screw up my credit report.  Thanks Barry.

Message 5 of 6
jaramill
Established Member

Update:

The other option I liked that Lifelock didn't have was protecting your health insurance.  The other things I liked (LifeLock does have these as well) are the Lost Wallet section and the Protection Pack which generates all these pre-filled letters to send out to the telemarketing agencies, credit reporting agencies, etc...to get your name of their mailing lists.  And also you can easily place fraud alerts on your 3 credit reports.  All you have to do is do it once on one agency and that one will then forward on your request to the other 2.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.