cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect info. I purchased my Equifax credit report and score through here ....

tag
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

Incorrect info. I purchased my Equifax credit report and score through here ....

This was in the section where it tells you the negative factors affecting your credit score. I haven't had a late payment at all this pass year. I went directly through Equifax and was prepared to file a dispute for any accidental lates that were on my file but I could not find any lates this pass year. Pasted it :

You recently missed a payment or had a derogatory indicator reported on your credit report.

Your most recent late payment happened
10 Months ago
Most FICO High Achievers [?], about 93%, have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.
If you missed a payment, your FICO® Score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred. In general, the more recent the missed payment, the more impact it has on your score. In your case, your last missed payment happened recently.

What to do about this: If the late payment on your credit report is valid, you should focus on continually paying all your bills on time. This will demonstrate a good payment history so that your last missed payment will have less of an impact on your score as time passes.
Cap One QS 1950, NFCU 7000, NavChek 6500, Cap One secured 750, IFCU 1000, IFCU (overdraft line of credit) 1000, Express 3100, NY&Co 2650, Victoria's Secret 2650, Exxon/Mobil 300, Zales 500, Kay's 900, Walmart 3500, Bloomingdales 1000, Belks 850, Paypal Smartconnect 1300, Chase Freedom 2000,Chase Slate 500. Gap 4000, BP 3000, Amazon store card 3500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Incorrect info. I purchased my Equifax credit report and score through here ....

Aside from a newly placed late (e.g. 30, 60, 90, etc.), that comment will also appear if you had a charge-offs or collections that updated as of 10 months ago. I suggest looking in your report on the Accounts page. You'll see all of your accounts listed. There's a column towards the right for a red flag. Any red flagged account is viewed as a negative by FICO. Look into each of those accounts, particularly any charge-offs or collections, and see if any updated as of February or March of this year. That'll be the culprit. Each time an older baddie, even if it had updated in years, suddenly updates FICO views that as a negative.  Look at each date to see if they updated in 2013.

Message 2 of 3
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

Re: Incorrect info. I purchased my Equifax credit report and score through here ....

You are so right! I disputed one of my baddie charge- offs and they updated it! Thank You!
Cap One QS 1950, NFCU 7000, NavChek 6500, Cap One secured 750, IFCU 1000, IFCU (overdraft line of credit) 1000, Express 3100, NY&Co 2650, Victoria's Secret 2650, Exxon/Mobil 300, Zales 500, Kay's 900, Walmart 3500, Bloomingdales 1000, Belks 850, Paypal Smartconnect 1300, Chase Freedom 2000,Chase Slate 500. Gap 4000, BP 3000, Amazon store card 3500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.