Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MyFico score alerts crazy or am I?

tag
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Is MyFico score alerts crazy or am I?

Friday, I got an alert that my score decreased 3 points because a credit card balance went up $725 and that it increased 213% Smiley Surprised. What? My balance was $1,064 and my limit is $2250 (it is now down to $864 but obviously won't report till next month). Then a day later it went back up 3 points for another account decreasing the balance by 5%. Now today I get an alert that I'm down 3 points again because a balance went up $54 and was increased 100% yet my limit on that card is $300 and the whole balance is only $54. Again... what? Is this normal and I just never realized it before? I've never had my score go down then up and back down again in a matter of a weekend. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is MyFico score alerts crazy or am I?

@SLR72689 wrote:

Friday, I got an alert that my score decreased 3 points because a credit card balance went up $725 and that it increased 213% Smiley Surprised. What? My balance was $1,064 and my limit is $2250 (it is now down to $864 but obviously won't report till next month). Then a day later it went back up 3 points for another account decreasing the balance by 5%. Now today I get an alert that I'm down 3 points again because a balance went up $54 and was increased 100% yet my limit on that card is $300 and the whole balance is only $54. Again... what? Is this normal and I just never realized it before? I've never had my score go down then up and back down again in a matter of a weekend. 

Sounds right. If your balance increased by $725 to $1064, then your prev. statement balance was $340ish. If that $340 balance increased by 213%, then it went up by $725.

If your CC increased by 100%, and the new balance is $54, then the prev. statement balance was $27. It doubled.

Frequent score changes are normal if you have a lot of changes happening. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.