Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SW not working for anyone else?

tag
bratly35
Established Member

Is SW not working for anyone else?

Since the begging of the month I have had 1 inquiry or Eqifax did not receive an alert. I have also had a new account report to Equifax again no alert. I have had my balance increase by more than $5 or 5% as it in set in my preferences again no alert. I have had accounts report balances that have not been used for months and again no alert. I know all of these show on my Equifax report as they all show on my Amex credit monitoring. I have tried to call but I can't wait on the phone for 45 minutes on hold. I have even tried customer support email last Wednesday. Says the respond in 2 days I have not seen anything. Where do you go from here?

Current scores EQ 697 (FICO) Ex 740 (FAKO) TU 728 (Walmart)

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Is SW not working for anyone else?

I am beginning to think the same thing. Been almost a month and no alerts I have had a CLI on my card dropped my UTIL down to 1% Looks like I will be cancelling SW today. 

Message 2 of 17
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

My last score alert was on April 4th & since then I know for a fact that my score has changed due to decreased util & accts with balance(s). I also know that they have all reported to the cb's, yet I have seen nothing via SW. Also, what's with the (variable) length of time between alerts? I'm paying for this service- I would think I could know the exact terms of such service. SW will update every "7 to 10 days". Well what is it? 7, 8, 9, 10? And are we talking business days or calandar days? Very frustrating.

Message 3 of 17
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I just got a SW alert yesterday for a score change...my first alert since the 4th.

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 17
qd
Regular Contributor

@bratly35 wrote:

Since the begging of the month I have had 1 inquiry or Eqifax did not receive an alert. I have also had a new account report to Equifax again no alert. I have had my balance increase by more than $5 or 5% as it in set in my preferences again no alert. I have had accounts report balances that have not been used for months and again no alert. I know all of these show on my Equifax report as they all show on my Amex credit monitoring. I have tried to call but I can't wait on the phone for 45 minutes on hold. I have even tried customer support email last Wednesday. Says the respond in 2 days I have not seen anything. Where do you go from here?

I have received several SW alerts in past week for Inquiry, new accounts and changes in balance, yet my score has remained the same.  I'm not sure how the score stayed the same, but I can live with it as long is it doesn't go down.

Message 5 of 17
0x47
Contributor

With that many changes, I find it VERY difficult to believe your score has not changed.  I bet if you pay for a report (go figure, you have to give them more money) you will find that Score Watch is broken.

Message 6 of 17
qd
Regular Contributor

@0x47 wrote:

With that many changes, I find it VERY difficult to believe your score has not changed.  I bet if you pay for a report (go figure, you have to give them more money) you will find that Score Watch is broken.

I had a SW Report still available to me so I went ahead and used it to get new report this morning.  Score is in fact unchanged even with all these changes.  New report shows new inquiries and new accounts, but score is the same. 

Message 7 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

@0x47 wrote:

I reckon you would lose that bet every time. Some people have tried that, and all found the paid score consistent with the credit monitoring score. 

Message 8 of 17
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@0x47 wrote:

I reckon you would lose that bet every time. Some people have tried that, and all found the paid score consistent with the credit monitoring score. 

I'll just add that I tried getting a powerscore to see if my SW was screwy after several new inquiries, accounts added, and a change in utilization, and it showed the exact same score still. I have gotten about 3-4 alerts total in 3-4 months, with all settings as sensitive as it will allow. Pretty frustrating, and I think I will cancel mine as well and just buy reports when I need to know what my score is (not until late this summer at least).

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 9 of 17
0x47
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@0x47 wrote:

Maybe, but at least in my case I had a 30 point swing go unannounced with score watch so I have zero faith in the product.  I called in late last week about it and the rep confirmed that my settings were correct.  All in all a very frustrating experience and I will be ending my subscription after the 3-month minimum.

The myFICO products?  I don't think it is worth the subscription fees.

The forums, the mods, and the knowledge base we can all contribute to?  Invaluable.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.