Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Score Watch asleep?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Score Watch asleep?

I understand that Score Watch does not monitor in 'real time', and that updates and alerts may take a couple of days, but I had an 18pt drop in Equifax (down to 761), 2 new tl's with corresponding balance increases with no alerts (a third new tl isn't showing on EQ yet). Fortunately, it doesn't look like any new hard pulls reported, Experian took the hits there. I had Score Watch set @ my EX score, and to alert me when there was a balance increase of $X and/or X%. I surpassed both the dollar figure and the percentage. Nothing. I've since changed the alert parameters to see if I'm going to get timely alerts. Am I doing something wrong or am I expecting more out of Score Watch than it can deliver?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is Score Watch asleep?

Your SW was set to your EX (Experian) or EQ (Equifax) score? --It doesn't help that we use different abbreviations here than are used everywhere else.

How long ago did all this happen? You might want to check out Barry's "Score Watch Guide (Recently Updated)", stickied at the top of this page, because there's one timing for score alerts and another for credit alerts.

FWIW, a lot of people report that they seem to get their alerts on the weekends. I could swear that I've gotten them weekdays as well, but maybe you'll get something later today or tomorrow.

Sorry, I realize that none of that was terribly useful, lol. Like any oracle, SW can be mysterious. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Is Score Watch asleep?

@Anonymous wrote:
@ I understand that Score Watch does not monitor in 'real time', and that updates and alerts may take a couple of days, but I had an 18pt drop in Equifax (down to 761), 2 new tl's with corresponding balance increases with no alerts (a third new tl isn't showing on EQ yet). Fortunately, it doesn't look like any new hard pulls reported, Experian took the hits there. I had Score Watch set @ my EX score, and to alert me when there was a balance increase of $X and/or X%. I surpassed both the dollar figure and the percentage. Nothing. I've since changed the alert parameters to see if I'm going to get timely alerts. Am I doing something wrong or am I expecting more out of Score Watch than it can deliver?

Hi brisdad....It looks like you got an alert on 9/3 for the one balance increase showing on your most recent EFX report of 9/21. Your current target score appears to be well below the score on that 9/21 report, so I'd suggest setting your target alert to the score on that report. While your score could have changed since then, that's your best bet. Let us know if you don't get an alert in the next 30 days. Good luck!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.