Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ScoreWatch on a certain day?

tag
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

Is ScoreWatch on a certain day?

Just a question from curiosity...am I supposed to get my SW alerts on a certain day? When I first signed up, I got them routinely every Friday, late morning PST. My assumption is that is just did a sweep for the week on that day and alerted me if anything had moved.

Then last week I got it one on 7/22, 7/24, and 7/25. On 7/22 and 7/24 it had gone up, but my score had gone up in previous weeks but I never heard about it until my trusty Friday update email.

It never showed today, so I'm wondering if it will show tomorrow instead. 

It's really not a huge deal, I just look forward to it so I was curious. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is ScoreWatch on a certain day?

Some automatic checks are done every 7 - 10 days, so I can see how you might get a lot on the same day of the week.

Others are triggered by specific changes on your EQ report, so they're going to be more random.

This is from the Score Watch guide stickied at the top of this board:

Score Alerts – these alerts notify the subscriber of Equifax FICO score changes in a couple of ways...

• If a Credit Alert is triggered, the latest score is always shown on that alert.

• When no Credit Alerts are triggered, the scores are monitored every 7-10 days for changes.

edited to remove several dozen bullets that came from nowhere  Smiley Tongue

edit again: oh, fer...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

Re: Is ScoreWatch on a certain day?

LOL thanks Hauling. That does make sense, I wasn't aware of that distinction between the the two.

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.