cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ScoreWatch score update the current score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is ScoreWatch score update the current score?

When SW issues a score update, can you trust that that is the current score you would get say if you pulled a ScorePower report right then? I realize SW does not alert upon every change. But when it updates the score, is it based on a fresh pull of the report with the report itself not being shown to us? I assume this is the case, but want to double check.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Is ScoreWatch score update the current score?

@Anonymous wrote:

When SW issues a score update, can you trust that that is the current score you would get say if you pulled a ScorePower report right then? I realize SW does not alert upon every change. But when it updates the score, is it based on a fresh pull of the report with the report itself not being shown to us? I assume this is the case, but want to double check.

Hi avenka,

Yes, the updated SW score is the same score you would get if, for example, you pulled a EQ score at myFICO the same day that SW pulled it.  But since the score you receive via a SW alert is at least one day old, there's a chance that the day-old score you receive through SW today and the new score you pull today might be different.  A SW score goes through the same process as a EQ FICO score pulled for other reasons, i.e. lender pulls.  Make sense?

-Barry

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is ScoreWatch score update the current score?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.